Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well most of players in Bayern don't share the exactly same big ego as Ibrahimovic, talks will start mostly if he benches one of the german heroes or something similar.
Robben... At least Zlatan negates the horror of his ego upon us by being super awesome, Robben on the other hand? Not so much

MagIX

:lol: :rofl1: at the problem was his ego !!!!

Talent ? yes, he has talent, but not as talented as you think, we saw his true talent by playing with barca, between barca players, his talent came out greatly dwarfed !……… easy to look like a phenomenon by playing with mediocre teams and mediocre players like Inter and Milan at that time, even Peter Crouch would look like a phenomenon.
He is good for teams without a game plan, without structure: with the only scheme 10 slaves for 1 player like Inter and Milan. He had 300 passes every match, sooner or later you score a goal, and as said even Peter Crouch would look like a phenomenon.
We have always played better without him on the field, with him we were a team of 10 players +1 player who did not understand a shit about our game, ran at random, with some circus freak pieces of skill ! I remember that once Messi also sent him to hell !! (match Zaragoza vs Barca 2-4)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: :rofl1: at the problem was his ego !!!!
What do you mean to say? That his ego was the problem or that it wasn't?

He is good for teams without a game plan, without structure: with the only scheme 10 slaves for 1 player like Inter and Milan. He had 300 passes every match, sooner or later you score a goal, and as said even Peter Crouch would look like a phenomenon.
It is so with every targetman!!

Talent ? yes, he has talent, but not as talented as you think, we saw his true talent by playing with barca, between barca players, his talent came out greatly dwarfed !……… easy to look like a phenomenon by playing with mediocre teams and mediocre players like Inter and Milan at that time, even Peter Crouch would look like a phenomenon.

We have always played better without him on the field, with him we were a team of 10 players +1 player who did not understand a shit about our game, ran at random, with some circus freak pieces of skill ! I remember that once Messi also sent him to hell !! (match Zaragoza vs Barca 2-4)
Yes we played better without him... But that is because he wasn't suited for our style! Pep never should have bought him in the first place when he didn't have the plan to tweak his tactics to suit a targetman!!

He didn't suit our style doesn't mean he hasn't got the talent for football... Signing him was a failure on Pep's part, more so than it was on Zlatan's

Last edited:

MagIX

@Aryagorn

For me his ego was not the problem, as said, for me Ibra is simply not good enough for us, this is the reason he had to leave us.

But anyway, this is my opinion on Ibra, i dont say that my opinion is the best. For me Ibra is a good/very good player, but not a phenomenon. He is very talented, but nothing exceptional. I saw him playing at Juve, Inter and Milan (not PSG), but i've never been impressed by him to say he is a fantastic player. As said, for me he is simply a very good player like many other.

coura

Banned
Mourinho and Carlo managed him just fine. I think that's Gwardjola's biggest dent in his career in terms of being a great manager, the ability to handle Egos. If he succeeds at Bayern then we can take away that idea.

Mourinho had serious problems with him but he was , by far, the best player so he got along with that. Why do you think he was delighted to see him leave for barcelona and still receiving etoo and cash.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He was delighted because he got a hard worker in Etoo and cash to buy the team that would win the treble. He wasnt bithered by the ego so much i dont think, he knows how to deal with it. I think with Ibra theres always some problems, but Mou managed to handle it. He kept him happy like when he said to his wife "feed zlatan make him happy"

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He was delighted because he got a hard worker in Etoo and cash to buy the team that would win the treble. He wasnt bithered by the ego so much i dont think, he knows how to deal with it. I think with Ibra theres always some problems, but Mou managed to handle it. He kept him happy like when he said to his wife "feed zlatan make him happy"
He has always managed egos well actually, except may be for last year

Armando929

Ibra's mentality was all wrong for Pep's Barca. It was inevitable that he wanted to be the main man and with Messi it just wasn't possible. This was the year we should have actually pressured more for Villa who wanted to come.

Skill wise Ibra is awesome, but all wrong for Barca in every possible way. From his way of thinking, to Pep's tactics/philosophy. It was doomed to fail from the start.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah right... Blame it all on Messi, nice move Pep's autobiographer!!

The Messi that didn't feel a thing when Eto'o was playing in the centre suddenly felt he couldn't bear Zlatan doing the same anymore!!
That same Messi who celebrated Villa's goal in the CL final a year later even more than his own, which actually even outshined his one!!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans