1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Neeraj

A lot about him..just reminds me of Neur. Tall German dude, has that perpetual calm look on his face, just like Neur. Neur just shows up for games like he's going to the park, and this guy has a similar feel about him. Very easy on the ball, happy to be sweeper, great distribution. All very Neur like. Now if he becomes ANYTHING close to how good Neur is in keeping skills, we have ourselves a winner folks.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He should start ahead of Bravo now. Bravo hasn't done much wrong, but it's clear for everyone (except Lucho) to see that MAtS has a lot more potential.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
B1tf7pUIYAIt-AK.jpg:large

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
A lot about him..just reminds me of Neur. Tall German dude, has that perpetual calm look on his face, just like Neur. Neur just shows up for games like he's going to the park, and this guy has a similar feel about him. Very easy on the ball, happy to be sweeper, great distribution. All very Neur like. Now if he becomes ANYTHING close to how good Neur is in keeping skills, we have ourselves a winner folks.

Neuers sweeping is just something else. I agree though that he has that Neuer type style and look.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
New interview with him, filtered out the FCB-related bits:

On assessing his time so far:
"It's hard to give a complete summary. But naturally, I don't like the situation as it is. I play only few games, but I play in the CL and I try my best for the team. I just want to be there too. And we have to make sure to get back on track now, so individual stories aren't so important at the moment. "

On his injury in preseason/Lucho's decision:
"I respect the decision of the coach, absolutely. I got injured at a bad time, but is there a good time to get injured? So I just try to shine through my performances. If I say, "coach, why don't I play? I had a good game", that doesn't get me anywhere. I need to give my best in training and on the pitch and I think I did that in Amsterdam. I try to make the decision as hard as possible for the coach. That's what I count on."

About the PSG game and the criticism in the press:
"It's a bit different there. I knew how it would be before I moved. And I can handle criticism. I know that I made mistakes [in that game]. And I know that I can assess rather well what kind of performance I had. In Paris I made mistakes but didn't have a horrible game. The mistakes is what it comes down to though. But I'm just happy to show my ability again and to get to deal with that."

On teammates:
"I've perceived my teammates and the people around the team as very nice. I got a great reception and I think more people see that I give my best for the club and also show my team mates that I'm there for them when times get bad. Generally, we have great guys in the team and it's hard to focus on individual players, because they're all great personalities. I'm happy to be part of this team."

On his chances in the German NT/move to FCB in general:
"I haven't played a lot in the NT recently. If things go on like this I'll try to make it hard for Löw to look past me too. I did the right thing in moving to Barcelona and now we'll see."

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_championsleague/artikel_979977.html

First bit is interesting to hear, hopefully he'll get a few more chances in LL now.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
"It's hard to give a complete summary. But naturally, I don't like the situation as it is. I play only few games, but I play in the CL and I try my best for the team. I just want to be there too. And we have to make sure to get back on track now, so individual stories aren't so important at the moment. "

...I did the right thing in moving to Barcelona and now we'll see."

I don't know how to make of that. I am a little terrified to be honest, I hope MAtS will be patient, work hard and let his natural ability shine through. He is our future, we can't let him leave.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He should start ahead of Bravo now. Bravo hasn't done much wrong, but it's clear for everyone (except Lucho) to see that MAtS has a lot more potential.

Yeah. If Luis Enrique doesn't see that and is still stubbornly starting Bravo ahead of MAtS in La Liga games, I am afraid that we have an idiot as our coach.

I

instinct

:lol:

It's completely normal that a player has to prove himself at a club like Barca. Why are people always SO terrified after such comments? Same with Messi a few months ago when he said that ''he'll only go if the club and fans don't want him anymore''

Calm down and listen to Oliver Kahn. He told the truth a few days ago.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol:

It's completely normal that a player has to prove himself at a club like Barca. Why are people always SO terrified after such comments? Same with Messi a few months ago when he said that ''he'll only go if the club and fans don't want him anymore''

Calm down and listen to Oliver Kahn. He told the truth a few days ago.

What did Kahn say?

Anyway, Kahn doesn't run MAtS' life so there is nothing wrong with hoping MAtS will have a bit more patience that is lacking in some players such as Thiago.

Home of Barca Fans