1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

I

instinct

Oliver Kahn (ex-Bayern): "I can assure you that Ter Stegen is a special kind of goalkeeper. He's really good, just needs some time to adapt"

Kahn (ex-goalkeeper Bayern): "Ter Stegen made a big step, he needs time to adapt. He now first has to prove himself in training every day."

Kahn (ex-Bayern): "Ter Stegen? I don't understand the negativity after just a few games. I also had problems in my first year at Bayern."

I

instinct

Anyway, Kahn doesn't run MAtS' life so there is nothing wrong with hoping MAtS will have a bit more patience that is lacking in some players such as Thiago.

You can't compare Thiago and Marc. Totally different cases.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I agree with everything Kahn said, again just hoping that MAtS understands that as well. I am not surprised by the fact that he doesn't like the situation, of course no one does; however to hear me say "we will see..." frightens me a little bit.

Kerrybai

I don't know how to make of that. I am a little terrified to be honest, I hope MAtS will be patient, work hard and let his natural ability shine through. He is our future, we can't let him leave.

Why would he leave? Pretty much every club in the world would be a downgrade unless he goes to Bayern ( wont happen ) United ( Wont happen) Madrid ( wont happen ) ... etc

MatsJulianHummels

Why would he leave? Pretty much every club in the world would be a downgrade unless he goes to Bayern ( wont happen ) United ( Wont happen) Madrid ( wont happen ) ... etc

Because playing in a smaller club than Barcelona as a starter is better than getting a handful of games. This is not much for a goalkeeper.

Kerrybai

Because playing in a smaller club than Barcelona as a starter is better than getting a handful of games. This is not much for a goalkeeper.

Ter Stegen is 22 and Bravo is 31. The writing is on the wall for Bravo due to his age. Do you honestly think Ter stegen would up and leave to a lower team just because he has to wait a year? Especially when his settling in year involves him playing against Europes best teams... He's not a striker with a short peak career. Young keepers can afford to be patient.

Home of Barca Fans