1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Kuchi

People are making a huge deal out of this 1 mistake and that other mistake when he miscalculated the ball after that Villarreal corner kick.

Considering the circumstances, his age, that we are dealing with a debutant then he has performed well. So has Bravo.

Maybe I am too optimistic but I somehow trust both of them and in my eyes it would be a mistake to change the goalkeeping order this season. A few mistakes should not change that.

It has to be said that Trigueros hit the ball really well with a lot of power too. So he deserves a bit of credit too.

+1, it was a good effort, little time to react for him and it went a little funny just before his hands, best thing is to just forget about and work harder!

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
People are making a huge deal out of this 1 mistake and that other mistake when he miscalculated the ball after that Villarreal corner kick.

Considering the circumstances, his age, that we are dealing with a debutant then he has performed well. So has Bravo.

Maybe I am too optimistic but I somehow trust both of them and in my eyes it would be a mistake to change the goalkeeping order this season. A few mistakes should not change that.

It has to be said that Trigueros hit the ball really well with a lot of power too. So he deserves a bit of credit too.

+1

I do think though that if we get further in the CL then we should give MAtS at least some game time in the league. Unfair to expect him to play well whilst only playing once a month IMO.

Leo_Messi

+1

I do think though that if we get further in the CL then we should give MAtS at least some game time in the league. Unfair to expect him to play well whilst only playing once a month IMO.

That might be an option and if it happens then I am sure that Bravo will understand the need for such a move. First the team has to defeat Man City which won't be as easy as last year IMO.

Kohe321

While I also agree that he should and could have done better on the goal he conceded, there are a couple of factors that came together that I think caught him a bit off guard. I think he would make that save in a normal attacking situation, here's why:

Jonathan Dos Santos was laying on the ground in pain while we had the ball, and many Villareal players were looking at the ref and our players to pause the game. Suarez then makes a bad pass that was intended to be the start of a counterattack, but the ball is misplaced and finds its way straight into the feet of Trigueros. Trigueros then proceeds to hit it perfectly with a lot of power, with no spin so the ball "dances" a bit, and I think this catches Ter Stegen "on his heels". We effectively went from a confusing situation where we have the ball seemingly on our way to counterattack them, to the ones being attacked in a splitsecond. Had this been a normal attack from Villareal where he's ready, I think he'd save it 10/10 times.

Still, the mistake was to lower his guard and not be ready, but he'll learn from this. The first save he did was so impressive because he had effectively been a spectator for 47 minutes but managed to stay alert enough to make a fantastic save just before halftime, which just makes the goal he conceded in the second half that much more frustrating. Luckily it probably doesn't matter much as the tie is effectively over if we just score one goal at the El Madrigal.

Last edited:

el chilenito

Damn at least bravo now will get less hate for the moment lol , hard to forget all the hate from ter stegen fans "fc b" especially" about bravos conceded goal against bilbao. Calling him to be benched no good etc, totally unfair and ironic that now the same thing happens for ter stegen? All goalkeepers will make blunder, fact of the matter is ter stegen has been solid this season and made a couple of great saves in this match, i hate this argueing about who should start etc undermining each keeper quality.both keepers have been awesome this season in their respective competition and without them we will certainly be weaker, bravo is doing good so far in la liga, ter stegen good in cl and copa at least for the season it should not change., we should be happy that we are doing great with both of them. Ter stegen is quality and hopefully this blunder wont affect him mentally.

L

linetty

He made a mistake but he saved us with an incredible save a few minutes later before HT.

Alen

I couldn't find footage of it, but the second mistake wasn't really a mistake. IIRC, the villareal player was holding his arm so he couldn't jump and get it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Makes sense. Weidenfeller can't be their #1 anymore and ter Stegen is a big talent and already played in the Bundesliga.

Alarcón

Before he joined us I'd already thought Dortmund was the logical place to go for him. Weidenfeller needed to be replaced and he was the best GK in the Bundesliga outside of Bayern, and very young.

barcanuck

Although it was Ter Stegen`s fault for conceding that goal, it was also a team mistake. Especially Messi. Look more carefully at that action. Suarez makes a wrong pass, Messi is only a couple of meters away and doesn`t even consider to close down the player advancing with the ball. 5-6 players in the box withdrawing and no one trying to get in front of the player and block the shot. Abysmal defending and could cost us in CL.

This.

Reminded me of that golazo that Diego scored for Atletico at the nou camp which ended up being the deciding CL knockout goal last season. We get way too confident at the camp nou especially now that we score a few goals a game. That goal was a collective fail not just mats.

Home of Barca Fans