1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

footyfan

Calma, calma
Sporadic playing time will make you rusty.

Can't be that sporadic, since the winter break Barca have played 11 games - Bravo was goalie was 6 and MAtS for 5.

Also, can I request you to stop posting gfycat gifs? Not only do they slow down the page because they're so data-heavy but they're also quite choppy.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The ball swerved a lot on MAtS. I did not see the deflection before but that would explain the swerve. He still should have dealt with it though, he was still in good position to do it.

Keepers and defenders are always in tough spots. Can have great games but one mistake from them often means a goal for opponents.

I don't think there's a need to dwell on this. It did not cost the game, and MAtS has shown plenty of good stuff so far in this his first season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://twitter.com/rsierraplus/status/565639835478941696

Story behind the last question:

Last summer former Director of Football Andoni Zubizarreta had a really difficult task to command: replace Víctor Valdes, who decided to leave FC Barcelona. Maybe Zubizarreta has comitted various mistakes in other signings, but in the goalkeeping ones he has been brilliant. Claudio Bravo and Marc-Andre ter Stegen have proved to be two high level goalkeepers. The Chilean is playing more games in La Liga but ter Stegen is one to watch for the future and he's showing great technical skills.

"In one training session, a few days ago, ter Stegen made Messi went crazy in a ball control exercise. "Leo!", someone shouted. "He touches it better than you!". The Argentinian replied: "Not better... much better!". This scene, reported in El Pais today, shows the respect and consideration to ter Stegen from his team-mates.

In the article there is also a quote from offices's sources: "It's impossible to say how many matches Zubi watched of ter Stegen". Journalist Lu Martin also reveals that Zubizarreta got really angry when executives Toni Freixa and Javier Bordas tried to block ter Stegen's signing (agreed in January) to bid for Courtois.

Last edited:

Altomonte

Another ASSIST by Suarez! Anyway, it was a very hard shot and the ball seemed to move left at the very end (because of the Mathieu deflection?). As to Bravo, he did not look too great against Athletic Bilbao - was not positioned correctly when he conceded the second goal. He should have been closer to the left goal post. Claudio Bravo conceded 4 goals in the past two games - hopefully not an alarming trend.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No, it still takes an ungodly amount of time. DonAK's suggestion it is, then.

Alright.

I wasn't aware that my posting of gyfcat gifs was such a problem. Thanks for letting me know and, in the future, I'll keep it in mind.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Another ASSIST by Suarez! Anyway, it was a very hard shot and the ball seemed to move left at the very end, because of the deflection. As to Bravo, he did not look too great against Athletic Bilbao - was not positioned correctly when he conceded the second goal. He should have been closer to the left goal post. Claudio Bravo conceded 4 goals in the past two games - hopefully not an alarming trend.

It didnt deflect off Mathieu.

The ball wouldnt defelct off Mathieu and not change direction until 20m later.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, it still takes an ungodly amount of time. DonAK's suggestion it is, then.

Alright.

I wasn't aware that my posting of gyfcat gifs was such a problem. Thanks for letting me know and, in the future, I'll keep it in mind.

It's probably better to post a vine, if you can find one.

There are also forums who have enabled a gfycat feature like this one here

I don't know if it's possible to enable on this forum and whether it's worth it when we have vines, but it's a possible solution.

Home of Barca Fans