1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://twitter.com/rsierraplus/status/565639835478941696

Story behind the last question:

Last summer former Director of Football Andoni Zubizarreta had a really difficult task to command: replace Víctor Valdes, who decided to leave FC Barcelona. Maybe Zubizarreta has comitted various mistakes in other signings, but in the goalkeeping ones he has been brilliant. Claudio Bravo and Marc-Andre ter Stegen have proved to be two high level goalkeepers. The Chilean is playing more games in La Liga but ter Stegen is one to watch for the future and he's showing great technical skills.

"In one training session, a few days ago, ter Stegen made Messi went crazy in a ball control exercise. "Leo!", someone shouted. "He touches it better than you!". The Argentinian replied: "Not better... much better!". This scene, reported in El Pais today, shows the respect and consideration to ter Stegen from his team-mates.

In the article there is also a quote from offices's sources: "It's impossible to say how many matches Zubi watched of ter Stegen". Journalist Lu Martin also reveals that Zubizarreta got really angry when executives Toni Freixa and Javier Bordas tried to block ter Stegen's signing (agreed in January) to bid for Courtois.

quoting for next page

Darko

Weird game by Steven, the corner and that mistake. His positioning,passing and vision were great as always but he seemed shaken by that goal.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's easy to come up with excuses. Remember Valdes and his blunders?
Barca gks generally see little action and when they play rarely you just don't have enough to judge them properly. We'll see at the end of the season.

barcanuck

The meltdown is full on. It was a crazy shot and he could of done better but this is where we need to make sure he has confidence. No way Bravo plays the CL or copa that's Mats. Mats will come good and surely that error won't affect him.

serghei

I didn't expect him to receive goals like Pinto. He'd better be careful, cause if you concede goals like that one in CL, you're toast. Imagine Chelsea at 1-1 on Camp Nou, they'll park the f..ing Boeing.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Made an awesome save just before half time. Did poorly for the goal and flapped at a corner that went just wide. Shown that there is much to work on but no need for him to be dropped.

kilian

Although it was Ter Stegen`s fault for conceding that goal, it was also a team mistake. Especially Messi. Look more carefully at that action. Suarez makes a wrong pass, Messi is only a couple of meters away and doesn`t even consider to close down the player advancing with the ball. 5-6 players in the box withdrawing and no one trying to get in front of the player and block the shot. Abysmal defending and could cost us in CL.

Kuchi

as i see it, the ball had a funny little side movement just before it reached him, dead balls can often be funny that way. Is is a mistake, but it was unfortunate that i happened as it did.

It's never MATS fault, i think it's Bravo, silently jinxing him from the bench!

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
as i see it, the ball had a funny little side movement just before it reached him, dead balls can often be funny that way. Is is a mistake, but it was unfortunate that i happened as it did.

It's never MATS fault, i think it's Bravo, silently jinxing him from the bench!

Please, please, please be joking. :neymar:

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

People are making a huge deal out of this 1 mistake and that other mistake when he miscalculated the ball after that Villarreal corner kick.

Considering the circumstances, his age, that we are dealing with a debutant then he has performed well. So has Bravo.

Maybe I am too optimistic but I somehow trust both of them and in my eyes it would be a mistake to change the goalkeeping order this season. A few mistakes should not change that.

It has to be said that Trigueros hit the ball really well with a lot of power too. So he deserves a bit of credit too.

Home of Barca Fans