1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Cover-mouth-George-Costanza-Oh-my-OMG-Surprised-Seinfeld-Oh-my-God-My-God-Surprise-Shock-Shocked-Shocking-GIF.gif

Egert

Estonian Culé
Don't understand the hate here. He was bad in the end but the goals were ones he couldn't really save, maybe with more luck he could. He will bounce back.
#MaTSfanboy

Leo_Messi

Performances for youth teams (whether good or bad) should not be valued too much. It's a different ball game altogether.

Ursegor

World Champion
He gives me young Valdes vibes. Hard to judge though. Not easy to sit on the bench with no rythm and trying to prove himself in a handful of games where he must be super nervous to impress and not feck up. De Gea had a similar rough start at United, at some point got benched for Lindegaard under SAF if I remember correctly. But at least he still got serious game time and was the #1. Look at him now.

Certainly the biggest managerial mistake by Lucho if he continues to play MAtS in the CL. You can't have a nervous, low confidence, gametime lacking 22 year old goalkeeper between the sticks in a CL quarter or semi final. The moment he seriously costs Barca his career in Catalunya will be over. The press and fans will kill him.

khaled_a_d

He gives me young Valdes vibes. Hard to judge though. Not easy to sit on the bench with no rythm and trying to prove himself in a handful of games where he must be super nervous to impress and not feck up. De Gea had a similar rough start at United, at some point got benched for Lindegaard under SAF if I remember correctly. But at least he still got serious game time and was the #1. Look at him now.

Certainly the biggest managerial mistake by Lucho if he continues to play MAtS in the CL. You can't have a nervous, low confidence, gametime lacking 22 year old goalkeeper between the sticks in a CL quarter or semi final. The moment he seriously costs Barca his career in Catalunya will be over. The press and fans will kill him.

We have been supportive to VV even when the whole world considered him a joke that shouldn't be anywhere near a club like Barca .our history with GKs is probably the worst among elite clubs in Europe
If any GK can survive making a mistake in a big club it will be in Barca
And I agree that he gives young Valdes vibes .he is talented but mistake prone .both were known b4 he comes here
That said he doesn't look like a leader and he isn't dealing with crossing well .both were considered of his strength and I think showing those 2 aspects will be important for his career here

Ursegor

World Champion
We have been supportive to VV even when the whole world considered him a joke that shouldn't be anywhere near a club like Barca .our history with GKs is probably the worst among elite clubs in Europe
If any GK can survive making a mistake in a big club it will be in Barca

Valdes came through at a time when top players like Figo asked to leave for Real Madrid because Barca wasn't a constant in the CL. Current Barca is in a state where being 1 point behind Madrid on a 20+ game winning streak under a new coach = discussing to sack the coach. Or going trophyless for 1 season = attacking the players (similar car incidents as Madrid recently, remember the Cuenca middle finger to the fans last season?). MAtS also doesn't have the homegrown Catalan bonus. In fact he's got the not being Courtois malus.

Jombi

Valdes came through at a time when top players like Figo asked to leave for Real Madrid because Barca wasn't a constant in the CL. Current Barca is in a state where being 1 point behind Madrid on a 20+ game winning streak under a new coach = discussing to sack the coach. Or going trophyless for 1 season = attacking the players (similar car incidents as Madrid recently, remember the Cuenca middle finger to the fans last season?). MAtS also doesn't have the homegrown Catalan bonus. In fact he's got the not being Courtois malus.

Homegrown doesnt seem to be much of a bonus for our coaches. Players like Bartra and Montoya have been waiting for years to get opportunities and especially Montoya has suffered and stagnated as a result. Is that why you say "Lucho NO"?

zanela

He was all over the place at the end. IMO he is very much a rough diamond and will probably be on the bench again next season.

...thus stagnate, even regress, and then be sold in the summer of 2016 at a cut-price. (most likely what will happen)

Even Courtois. He was struggling in his first 6 months at AM, before Simeone came in and made the necessary changes. His debut season in PL hasn't been smooth sailing either. Like you said, his more-acclaimed peers despite their struggles still saw more pitch-time. There is a thought that all you need is talent to succeed, when in reality, management of that talent is equally important and decisive.

's what I have reiterated since weeks. Lucho can still rectify the situation, but if he doesn't:
- He's stubborn and lacking in foresight.
- Is superstitious.
- Is looking to fulfill a playtime clause in MAtS' contract (the now infamous legacy of Zubi). Why CL? He's prioritised LL, given the difficulty conquering europe as a top club manager in a debut season.
- And for the reason aforementioned, use MAtS (a signing he didn't personally ratify) as a shield to cover for when/if he fails in the CL. ----> thats the conspiracy theorist in me. :lol:

My proposed solution: Swap MAtS for David de flea, before madrid snaps the latter. LVG who's a recognised youth developper will better appreciate MAtS' profile, given his team could make use of a talented sweeper keeper. On the other hand, madrid lose their much sought after Casillas' successor, whilst Lucho will feel obligated to drop his nonsensical GK rotation, which puts one keeper at a greater disadvantage over the other, or the least he'll move to a fairer rotation in post. Both manure and Barca's set of fans cease the whinging, whilst tht of blancos commence. Win-win all-round. :p

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I feel like if he wants to keep MatS for CL he should at least give him more play time in La Liga anyway, the CdR final is just one game at the end, and CL is 2 (incredibly important) games a month ... that's way too little real-life practice!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would rather loan him out like Chelsea did with Courtois than have him warm the bench for a lot of next season as well.

Bring him back when Bravo is gone.

Maybe Borussia Dortmund will be interested in loaning him. Afterall Weidenfeller isn't exactly lighting it up anymore.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
One bad game against the England U21, some folks already predict him being sold? :facepalm:

How many more years can we count on Bravo? 3, 5, 8? Ter Stegen is the future of the club. If we sell him, do we just count on Masip?

khaled_a_d

Valdes came through in a much tougher time for a GK .the club was in crisis and Chaos and everyone in the club was under pressure and he had to compete with a GK who was voted best GK in the world few months prior
And during Rijkaard era most fans considered him the weak spot .yet barca the fans all over the world was supporting him

Home of Barca Fans