1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Mido

I remember him saying in one of his first interviews that he doesn't take a look back at his mistakes... well now he should !

Kuchi

His actual saving is quite good, he's very fast in lunging to the ball. He showed that last season (that save vs. Cavani comes to mind), but starting with the Super Cups, he basically had nothing to do on all the goals (not talking about the Bilbao blunder). Having quick hands is the top GK skill in my book and he has that. I saw him live on 2 occasions (vs. Appoel & vs PSG, quarters last season, both in Barcelona - lovely city btw) and this agility was the thing that impressed me the most.

As someone said, he got the crosses right in Bundesliga and I really can't remember another cross blunder and let's face it, all GK fuck up on a cross from time to time (Peter Cech's 1st game for Arsenal). I agree last night's blunder looks worse because the cross was shit.

His hands & footwork skills will be his redemption. Asking for his head after a blunder at 3-0 vs. Levante (still fielding 3 CB's) is ridiculous.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah; once Bravo is back; I want him to play in the Champions League as well. Like all other top clubs they play their best goalie at all times. Let Stegen work on his game, he's still very raw.

You can't make him work on his game while benching him. That's a recipe for disaster.

That's why a loan would've been a perfect move.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
TBF, after the blunder he went even bolder and started doing some good stuff. He took all the aerial balls on imself iirc.

I like his spirit, he might have been a bit upset but it didn't shake him imo.

In a few years when he's more experienced, he'll be a beast of a goalie. And when he starts doing more of those passes like he made to Munir, he will give us a whole new dimension in the attack.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
TBF, after the blunder he went even bolder and started doing some good stuff. He took all the aerial balls on imself iirc.

I like his spirit, he might have been a bit upset but it didn't shake him imo.

In a few years when he's more experienced, he'll be a beast of a goalie. And when he starts doing more of those passes like he made to Munir, he will give us a whole new dimension in the attack.

Like his one handed catch which was a better cross than the one he missed completely lol

khaled_a_d

His actual saving is quite good, he's very fast in lunging to the ball. He showed that last season (that save vs. Cavani comes to mind), but starting with the Super Cups, he basically had nothing to do on all the goals (not talking about the Bilbao blunder). Having quick hands is the top GK skill in my book and he has that. I saw him live on 2 occasions (vs. Appoel & vs PSG, quarters last season, both in Barcelona - lovely city btw) and this agility was the thing that impressed me the most.

As someone said, he got the crosses right in Bundesliga and I really can't remember another cross blunder and let's face it, all GK fuck up on a cross from time to time (Peter Cech's 1st game for Arsenal). I agree last night's blunder looks worse because the cross was shit.

His hands & footwork skills will be his redemption. Asking for his head after a blunder at 3-0 vs. Levante (still fielding 3 CB's) is ridiculous.

IIRC he had one against PSG in CL in group stage last year ,he also wasn't really the best in crosses with us .
This one of the main things I am waiting MATS to step up in it ,I remember b4 he joined us there was main 5 things said about him
1-he is gr8 shot stopper
2-he is gr8 with his leg
3-he is mistake prone
And we have seen all of them
4-he is gr8 in crosses
5-He is a natural leader who is very confident and was compare to Kahn for it
The last 2 is yet to be seen here .he isn't showing any leading characteristic or giving his teammates confidence ,rather look affected by the pressure whenever he makes a mistake while dealing with crosses he looks average or above average at best
Those 2 things will be huge in his development as Barca GK may be even more than dealing with his mistakes .we hade VV for a decade as our starting GK and he was one of the most mistake prone GK in the top clubs

IIRC he had one against PSG in CL in group stage last year ,he also wasn't really the best in crosses with us .
This one of the main things I am waiting MATS to step up in it ,I remember b4 he joined us there was main 5 things said about him
1-he is gr8 shot stopper
2-he is gr8 with his leg
3-he is mistake prone
And we have seen all of them
4-he is gr8 in crosses
5-He is a natural leader who is very confident and was compare to Kahn for it
The last 2 is yet to be seen here .he isn't showing any leading characteristic or giving his teammates confidence ,rather look affected by the pressure whenever he makes a mistake while dealing with crosses he looks average or above average at best
Those 2 things will be huge in his development as Barca GK may be even more than dealing with his mistakes .we hade VV for a decade as our starting GK and he was one of the most mistake prone GK in the top clubs

- Indeed, he's been rather poor with crosses at times. He needs to eliminate that, as a small blunder can easily cost the team.
- No young player can really be a leader in the first few years in a new nation with a new language. I don't see him becoming a leader anytime soon. If he manages to stay in Barcelona for longer then we might see the true commanding version of MAtS we saw at Monchengladbach.
- I also think it'll be interesting to how his offensive passing will build up, if he keeps improving, we can come to expect one amazing pass to a forward every two games or so. It could make a huge difference in a big match against a parked bus, when we nullify a counter attack and they still have players forward.

Science Kid

msoif7.jpg

Kerrybai

A loan move could happen at Christmas. Bravo is in the form of his life and Ter Stegen is going through a rough spell. He can't improve on the bench and he's not good enough to push out Bravo.

Chainsaw

Killahead
No to loan move. Anything happen to Bravo and we will be stuck with Masip as the replacement. It will be the Tata's season all over again where we had to deal with watching Pinto between the bars for months.

Barcafan 2304

Well I criticised him heavily after the Roma goal and it would be easy to go down the same track but hey, he is young and having a rough spell. He will hopefully learn and improve

Home of Barca Fans