1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyway, he's in line to play the next two games before Bravo is supposed to be back, so hopefully much better showing in those two. Apart from the blunder, he did well. Played out of the back very well which lead to a couple of good chances and plucked out other crosses confidently too, apart from that one ofc.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's obviously not nearly as bad as he's been recently, so I don't know what's going on. He should keep things as simple and muted as possible. No attempts at any risks unless it's absolutely necessary (going out for that ball or balls like that for example). The first thing he needs to regain confidence is a clean-sheet (which he hasn't had for several months now) and he won't get that unless he starts playing it as safe and conservative as humanly possible.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I don't know what to think about him anymore, maybe he needs a bigger challenge, you know, like Bayern, PSG, RM so he would concentrate better.

Last edited:

DonAK

He's obviously not nearly as bad as he's been recently, so I don't know what's going on. He should keep things as simple and muted as possible. No attempts at any risks unless it's absolutely necessary (going out for that ball or balls like that for example). The first thing he needs to regain confidence is a clean-sheet (which he hasn't had for several months now) and he won't get that unless he starts playing it as safe and conservative as humanly possible.

Yeah. This is his worst form I've ever seen.

And it comes after he played very well in the Champions League after the initial mishap vs PSG in the Group Stage, so it's not like he's a terrible GK like some people(fortunately a little minority) here say(usual BS overreactions by some posters)

zanela

His distribution for the most part was excellent. One such put Munir through on goal, another one led to Messi's chance. He's like a deep-lying playmaker opening up opp. defences when our team is struggling to create. :pep:

Some standard claims except one, where he looked awful.

DonAK

Can't say he lack confidence though...

Reporter: Are you going to keep playing the same way?

tS: Of course. Do I have to change? It's all well.

[tw]645704900513415168[/tw]

barcanuck

Another game another thing to talk about Mats. Hoping he gets all his blunders out of the way nice and early. Can't afford one vs Celta.

diDi7

Ter Stegen has a lot of improving to do.

Kinda like Messi has a lot of improving to do regarding the taking of penalties. :messi:

Anyhow, he definitely has to learn and adapt from these mistakes if he wants to cement his place over Bravo, which he isn't doing at the moment. At least his mistakes haven't cost Barca much, yet.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Comparing his Gladbach days to Barca days is like comparing Van to Bugatti. This is the same story as Sanchez and Udinese and many similar cases. You can't really compare the pressure of playing in these clubs. The pressure always gets to you in top clubs that's why many fail despite not being "bad". At Gladbach he was their star player, but here there are superstars all around him. Big names with great records. He has to improve. Not only by performing but also maturing from a psychological point of view.

His body language says he's more like "acting cool" than "being cool". Keeping your head cool is not anyone's else challenge but his. If he fail to cope with the pressure he will fail here. I hope there are enough communications with him within the squad. Better for him if he gets good in Spanish or he keep looking isolated from the rest of the squad, just like how I feel there is a lack of communication between him and the defense.

EdmondDantes

Yeah; once Bravo is back; I want him to play in the Champions League as well. Like all other top clubs they play their best goalie at all times. Let Stegen work on his game, he's still very raw.

Home of Barca Fans