1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Reina would be a good signing anyway.

Still a good keeper and has the personality needed for Barca.

Signing him would not be some kind of failure.

There's a reason Liverpool wants to get rid of him. He's not good enough to be Barca's #1. And he's not exactly young either. I wouldn't mind getting him together with someone else (i.e. Ter Stegen) but him alone...

Ter Stegen's probably our best option since Courtois and De Gea are unavailabe.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
if Marc-Andre ter Stegen isnt coming over this summer I lost all hope in Zubizareta, absolutely incapable of doing his job

Other than that, (if Ter Stegen were to stay at Gladbach) it also shows our club is losing the prestige and aura that we had. How could anyone say no to us before?

JamDav1982

There's a reason Liverpool wants to get rid of him. He's not good enough to be Barca's #1. And he's not exactly young either. I wouldn't mind getting him together with someone else (i.e. Ter Stegen) but him alone...

Ter Stegen's probably our best option since Courtois and De Gea are unavailabe.

Liverpool sent him out on loan due to his huge wages and he was not fitting in with their policy of younger up and coming players.

It is why they were trying to get of Skrtl as well.

Howes

One of the best young goalkeepers in the world is available for at a cut price. This is such a important transfer for Barcelona.

As for Reina, apparently he's doing well at Napoli, but at Liverpool his form had really taken a dive. Mignolet has already made more saves this season and it's only December. I know he's cheap and loved by lots of Barcelona players. But he's not good enough

MVBarcaFan

Not to hijack the thread, but anyone ever think that Barca should get Javi Varas as a back-up goalie for Ter Stegen? He'd probably be cheaper.

Howes

For a backup keeper I'd look in the loan market, just someone experienced and cheap, not too big on the wages

T

TataMascapenes

Reina will be very cheap because he doesn't have much contract left at Liverpool next season and he really loves Barça, he wouldn't have any problems with warming the bench. As for people saying Pinto should be kept for team spirit reasons, Reina is a very funny character too. Pinto's hair might be funny but Reina's bald head is too.

Alarcón

You could tell from the post-match interview with Lucien Favre today that ter Stegen will most probably leave.

By the way, fantastic game from him against Wolfsburg.

Home of Barca Fans