1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

BorussiaBarcelona

Great stuff, man, thanks again. The story about him becoming a starter reminds me of Buffon, and how he made his debut against Milan at the age of 17 where he just took control right away. How these kids manage their nerves, I'll never ever get close to understanding. Extraordinary stuff.
I'll make sure to catch your next game against Bayern. I guess he'll be called into action more than a few times.

Yeah, he should be called into action a little more in this one.
Though, he was great against Wolfsburg as well, as we couldn't win at home for the first time(in nine tries) this season.

Nothing new. "It's hard for me to talk about it." And "If the news arrives [of his departure], it would be a pitty."

The way he's talking it's a done deal though. First German in Barca since Schuster. :barca scarf:

Nah, there was another guy called Robert Enke(R.I.P.), but he hardly played during his time at Barca.
He also gained his first Bundesliga experience while playing for Mönchengladbach.

BTW: Schuster is a name that shouldn't be called out all that loud in Mönchengladbach, given that he pretty much had agreed to join Gladbach but then somehow changed his mind in the last second and joined our bitter rivals Cologne.
Also, if ter Stegen joins Barca, I really hope he's as successfull as Allan Simonsen, who joined Barca after playing for Borussia.

H

Haruko The Goon

Marc-André ter Stegen... Great great young GK.

Will rival Neuer for the Germany number 1 position if he moves to Barca. Guys got a high Ceiling.

zanela

During his first game as a pro, with one of his first actions he screamed at centre back Dante, who's currently with Bayern Munich, asking him if he's awake and ready to play.

Exactly what Piqué needs. :p

So I watched him against Wolfs, and he 'd problems holding on to the long-range shots. Was that a one-off, or something he needs to work on?

I fear for Mats. The catalan press will be ready to shame, hang, crucify, burn him at the stake, and kick his charred corpse out of the exit door, if he commits even half the blunders of a young valdes. I hope he's brave and of a resolute character, and enjoys a smooth transition.

L

linetty

So I watched him against Wolfs, and he 'd problems holding on to the long-range shots. Was that a one-off, or something he needs to work on?

I fear for Mats. The catalan press will be ready to shame, hang, crucify, burn him at the stake, and kick his charred corpse out of the exit door, if he commits even half the blunders of a young valdes. I hope he's brave and of a resolute character, and enjoys a smooth transition.
He was a bit off that game, but generally he has no weaknesses.

Alcantara

I don't think that is gonna be a prblm anyways. As if reports are true, we are going to sign both Reina and him. He'll be eased into the side.

MrKnowitAlll

i understand why this is such a hard decisoin for him. he was born in borussia and has always supported them. its like pique choosing to leave us ( i only compare because pique was born in barca ).

but this is literally a once in a lifetime oppourtunity to play for BARCA

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bonhof (vice-president Glabdbach): "We hope for a nice gift under the Christmas tree --- that Ter Stegen tells us he'll stay here." [sky]

Alcantara

i understand why this is such a hard decisoin for him. he was born in borussia and has always supported them. its like pique choosing to leave us ( i only compare because pique was born in barca ).[\QUOTE]

but this is literally a once in a lifetime oppourtunity to play for BARCA

No its not. Borussia aren't a top top club and he has the chance to play with Barca. So, the Pique comparision is not appropriate.
You could compare him to David De Gea, played for ATM all his life and left for ManU when he had the chance.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona have personal deal with Ter Stegen, which will be made public once they have deal with Gladbach. 10M fee, 4-year contract. [sport]

desoe

It's funny, because I watched him only once this season - against Bayern, and he saved some unreal shots from distance.

p.s. like this one:

[youtube]U45x6m6vTyY[/youtube]

BorussiaBarcelona

Barcelona have personal deal with Ter Stegen, which will be made public once they have deal with Gladbach. 10M fee, 4-year contract. [sport]

It's like the 1.000.000th time that some spanish paper writes about ter Stegen already having signd with Barca.

I think he's going to sign with Barca but it's getting old and I'm gonna be relieved once this is over and we're able to either sign a new keeper(most likely Baumann of Freiburg or Sommer of Basel) or re-sign him.

I also think the transfer fee will be a little more then those reported 10m€, given that I expect Eberl to work on including some bonuses for future success with ter Stegen.

BTW: Here's a nice save against Schalke during extra time saving the win.

Neymessi

The decision has been taken. Marc-André Ter Stegen is chosen to become the replacement Víctor Valdés next season[sport]

Home of Barca Fans