1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

F

Flavia

I saw the game until Barça's game started. He was indeed very good, I'm watching all monchengladbach games I can. Hope he really comes to Barça.

BorussiaBarcelona

Reporters asked him about Marc's transfer and he said: "He has the opportunity to go to Barcelona... what would you do?"

He not only said that.
Favre also said, that he'd like to keep MATS but that we(Borussia) have got to stay realistic.
And that, to me, pretty much means that he's gone.

Trickykid

He not only said that.
Favre also said, that he'd like to keep MATS but that we(Borussia) have got to stay realistic.

That sounds like quite the change in tone too, considering how adamant your board used to be about him signing a new contract.
As a Borussia fan, how do you rate his chances of becoming a success at Barca, if he indeed does end up here? Well, obviously, you rate him highly, considering your signature, but if you try to be just a tad objective about it?

He not only said that.

:dance: :dance:

That sounds like quite the change in tone too, considering how adamant your board used to be about him signing a new contract.
As a Borussia fan, how do you rate his chances of becoming a success at Barca, if he indeed does end up here? Well, obviously, you rate him highly, considering your signature, but if you try to be just a tad objective about it?

I'm curious too.

BorussiaBarcelona

Well, he's got all the tools a great goalkeeper needs.
He's one of the best footballers playing the goalkeeper position and he's playing it very offensively.
What I mean by that is that he's the most used goalkeeper in terms of touches(way more then Neuer), has some of the best passing percentages and is always quick to get out of goal and stop opposing teams offensive attacks.
Given those strenghts, he would be perfect for Barca, cause he's already used to play a brand of football that is based on ball posession(we're one of the best teams in the Bundesliga, just behind Bayern and Dortmund) and the need for an ability of their goalkeeper to make plays with the ball on either of his feet.

He's also very good on the line with great reflexes and worked a lot on those cross ins, being one of the best(percentage wise) of the Bundesliga in that area.

So to me, if he's given time and not being thrown on the bench after a bad game of two, he's got all the tools to be one of the best goalkeepers and Barca's goalkeeper for the next decade or so.

Trickykid

Well, he's got all the tools a great goalkeeper needs.
He's one of the best footballers playing the goalkeeper position and he's playing it very offensively.
What I mean by that is that he's the most used goalkeeper in terms of touches(way more then Neuer), has some of the best passing percentages and is always quick to get out of goal and stop opposing teams offensive attacks.
Given those strenghts, he would be perfect for Barca, cause he's already used to play a brand of football that is based on ball posession(we're one of the best teams in the Bundesliga, just behind Bayern and Dortmund) and the need for an ability of their goalkeeper to make plays with the ball on either of his feet.

He's also very good on the line with great reflexes and worked a lot on those cross ins, being one of the best(percentage wise) of the Bundesliga in that area.

So to me, if he's given time and not being thrown on the bench after a bad game of two, he's got all the tools to be one of the best goalkeepers and Barca's goalkeeper for the next decade or so.

Thanks buddy, much appreciated. I haven't seen much of him myself, but he does sound like the complete package, skills-wise, at least.
How about personality-wise. Is he a leader, mature for his age and do you think he'll be able to handle the pressure of playing for Barca? Tough questions, I know.

BorussiaBarcelona

Thanks buddy, much appreciated. I haven't seen much of him myself, but he does sound like the complete package, skills-wise, at least.
How about personality-wise. Is he a leader, mature for his age and do you think he'll be able to handle the pressure of playing for Barca? Tough questions, I know.

He's pretty much a born leader.

Even though he plays the position very modern and offensively, his role model's always been Oliver Kahn and it shows with the way he acts on the pitch.
He's always pretty confident and concentrated, which he shows with his demeanor(thinking of Kahn, no one really wanted to challenge him, because he stared them down and ter Stegen has that in him as well) on the pitch.

He also managed to become our #1 goalkeeper at age 18 during a time, when we were last place and fighting to avoid relegation.
We were able to to so by gaining 10 points during the last four matches and then beating Bochum 2:1(1:0 at home and 1:1 away) on aggregate with a playoff(winner plays 1st Bundesliga, loser will play 2nd Division) with him in goal.

During his first game as a pro, with one of his first actions he screamed at centre back Dante, who's currently with Bayern Munich, asking him if he's awake and ready to play.

Now, at age 21, he's set to make his 100th Bundesliga appearance within the next nine games, which shows that he's already got some experience even though he's still very young.

All things considered, he's got all the tools to be successfull, with the only thing that could hold him back being his nerves, cause he showed some of them while playing for the German NT and should work on that, if he wants to make it at Barca.

Trickykid

He's pretty much a born leader.

Even though he plays the position very modern and offensively, his role model's always been Oliver Kahn and it shows with the way he acts on the pitch.
He's always pretty confident and concentrated, which he shows with his demeanor(thinking of Kahn, no one really wanted to challenge him, because he stared them down and ter Stegen has that in him as well) on the pitch.

He also managed to become our #1 goalkeeper at age 18 during a time, when we were last place and fighting to avoid relegation.
We were able to to so by gaining 10 points during the last four matches and then beating Bochum 2:1(1:0 at home and 1:1 away) on aggregate with a playoff(winner plays 1st Bundesliga, loser will play 2nd Division) with him in goal.

During his first game as a pro, with one of his first actions he screamed at centre back Dante, who's currently with Bayern Munich, asking him if he's awake and ready to play.

Now, at age 21, he's set to make his 100th Bundesliga appearance within the next nine games, which shows that he's already got some experience even though he's still very young.

All things considered, he's got all the tools to be successfull, with the only thing that could hold him back being his nerves, cause he showed some of them while playing for the German NT and should work on that, if he wants to make it at Barca.

Great stuff, man, thanks again. The story about him becoming a starter reminds me of Buffon, and how he made his debut against Milan at the age of 17 where he just took control right away. How these kids manage their nerves, I'll never ever get close to understanding. Extraordinary stuff.
I'll make sure to catch your next game against Bayern. I guess he'll be called into action more than a few times.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Their next game is against Bayern?! That's going to be interesting, because Ter Stegen always tends to play very good against them.

Home of Barca Fans