1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Neymessi

Thank goodness. I don't want Reina

We could have got courtois. It was a really difficult target but it was the better option but barca straightaway went to the second best option which was simple. Still happy about the signing.

Last edited:
We could have got courtois. It was a really difficult target but it was the better option but barca straightaway went to the second best option which was simple. Still happy about the signing.

Courtois is the better player, but signing him would be nearly impossible. And it's not like Ter Stegen's some scrub.

Last edited:

zanela

It's funny, because I watched him only once this season - against Bayern, and he saved some unreal shots from distance.

p.s. like this one:

[youtube]U45x6m6vTyY[/youtube]

I meant his attempted catches. Didn't secure them first time.

Barcelona have personal deal with Ter Stegen, which will be made public once they have deal with Gladbach. 10M fee, 4-year contract. [sport]

If there was something like Journo wall of shame, Sport would make it every year, with special honours. All their exclusives, and inside stories are nothing but a figment of their imagination. They do no research, and I doubt they 've ever got anything right. To cite one example, and one very relevant to the topic, their piece on TS discusses his potential free agent status in June 2014 when his actual current contract with BMG expires in '15. In fact, they are a jinx machine. When they claim to know something, its exactly what's NOT going to happen. :p

The more the TS saga drags on, the more I'm inclined to believe he may just be a smokescreen for bringing in Courtois. The latter has been Rosell's preferred choice, and he usually gets his man, whatever the means. Mourinho would veto any courtois deal involving a LL club, if he senses even the slightest interest from our side. Publically discarding the Belgian on technical grounds facilitates his transfer to A.M, a club from whom a deal can be effectuated in 2 years. In the mean time, Barca runs with Pepe Reina. And I suspect this has been the plan all along. Time will tell, and I could be well wrong (as I've been before) . But its hard to believe Rosell giving up on his preferred target rather easily.

Last edited:

BorussiaBarcelona

Bild is reporting, that Arsenal and Juventus have joined the race for ter Stegen and are willing to pay 12M €.

I'm not sure about that, given that Arsenal just re-signed Szeszny and Juve still have Buffon under contract for another season.

Anyways, should be an "interesting" couple of days/weeks before the final decision's been made...

Howes

Bild is reporting, that Arsenal and Juventus have joined the race for ter Stegen and are willing to pay 12M €.

I'm not sure about that, given that Arsenal just re-signed Szeszny and Juve still have Buffon under contract for another season.

Anyways, should be an "interesting" couple of days/weeks before the final decision's been made...

Those clubs have been tracking him a while, I do think it's Barcelona or nothing for him though

Guess we'll find out soon :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Exactly. Why wouldn't Ter Stegen want to be a starter with us, right away?

Man, I am getting nervous. Come on board, just pay them the extra 2M they want!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There's no way we can lose out on what is a surefire transfer. I could care less about the boards trivial complaints, he is a perfect transfer for us and has pretty much the same potential as Courtois despite not being as developed yet. Just finish the deal early on like we did with Neymar so no other clubs poach him and then let's move on to other areas of the squad which need strengthening.

Galning

Yeah I really can't wait for you to deal with the transfers, giving the party you're negotiating with what they want, because you are getting nervous. ZUBI sucks lololol @#@#@ OUT!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah I really can't wait for you to deal with the transfers, giving the party you're negotiating with what they want, because you are getting nervous. ZUBI sucks lololol @#@#@ OUT!

WOW. Galning, where does your hostility come from, really?

Home of Barca Fans