1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Bobo32

Is it too much to ask for JUST ONE of those blinders that Navas, Oblak, Neuer, and even Courtois (sometimes) pull off in the CL. Where they face 15-20 shots and concede maybe 2 goals?

There's a reason teams with those aforementioned keepers go deep in CL or win it.

I can't remember the last big game (Clasico or CL KO) where MATS had a blinder. Help me Stegen fanboys.

There was apparently one clasico game where he broke a record for number of saves...
I am no fanboy though, and don't remember games like that, but ter Stegen has saved Barcelona A LOT.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
There was apparently one clasico game where he broke a record for number of saves...
I am no fanboy though, and don't remember games like that, but ter Stegen has saved Barcelona A LOT.

That was literally 4 years ago in 16/17. ter Stegen has declined a lot since then.

Bobo32

That was literally 4 years ago in 16/17. ter Stegen has declined a lot since then.

In the eyes of the fans here at least!
Maybe I am slow to see it, but I don't really believe so. It is easier for me to explain everything with you being tired of him and seeing an easy scapegoat in him. I followed the match chats and this thread after games, I see the kind of things you all think he can be blamed for!
He saved some penalties in the supercopa this year...

Bobo32

These differentiations between league and european cup reminds me of course of all the talk from PL-fans about the rainy nights in Stoke, but also a discussion I once had with someone who thought Maradona was superior to Messi who brought up Messis goal against Getafe as something negative for him! "Maradona did it in a QF against the country of the war, Messi did it in a meaningless game against Getafe" etc.

I trust my eyes no matter the game, if it was really true that ter Stegen has performed worse in Europe than in Spain, then it would be easily explained by just randomness so far.
I disagree about ter Stegen being at clear fault for the goals against Liverpool, PSG or Bayern. Maybe one or two could/should be saved, but everyone does a mistake now and then, Barcelonas goals in these games also came from mistakes...
But I brought up that Sociedad game from a few months ago as an example where he saved Barcelona - can you give examples of games where he failed Barcelona? What are your top 3 or top 1 games where he was at fault?

I have already shown that his save% was competitive last year overall.

Rory

Wrong end of the stick if that’s what you think people are talking about with the league/ucl difference. Not at all comparable to the example given. It’s a shame you write in such a know it all condescending way because it might be worth a debate otherwise

Daniele

Wrong end of the stick if that’s what you think people are talking about with the league/ucl difference. Not at all comparable to the example given. It’s a shame you write in such a know it all condescending way because it might be worth a debate otherwise

the debate opens and ends like this:
if you take the defeats in champions the whole team of barcelona is to be thrown away.
if you want to evaluate a player overall you have to consider those games as a very small percentage, and not the key moments in order to judge.
If you do this you will see that Mats is still a top 10 gK

Bobo32

I argue my points and try to explain as best I can.
If anything, I am always admitting what I don't know.
A shame you and others jump on other users percieved IQ or tone, instead of answering the questions and continuing the debate...

Home of Barca Fans