1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

fergus90

Having a shot on target is pretty much enough for the opposite team to score goals against Barca now.

All keepers will make mistakes and when they do it's usually costly. But Ter Stegen rarely has good games now either, and this has lasted a couple of years. At this point, I don't see how his individual performances are defensible.

malvolio

Valdes had some insane match winning performances though. When shit hits the fan I know who I would want in my corner.

yeah, i know too. the best team of outfield players ever with one of the best managers in history.

Last edited:

fergus90

A lot of Valdes mistakes came from his feet, trying to dribble and fucking it up or gifting a pass straight to the attacker.

Nazario1985

Valdes had some insane match winning performances though. When shit hits the fan I know who I would want in my corner.

Not because of him.

Casillas was manhandling one of the worst RM defenses, while having extreme bad "winning performance", still he was the best GK in the world.

Nazario1985

If MATS did half the shit Valdes used to do back in the day (bad passing, terrible positioning, extreme stupid penalties given+ some indescribable shit ...) he would be crucified.

They are both terrible, but Valdes is on a league of his own.

What we need now is a stable GK, no super star, someone like prime Kameni.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
"Shot was unsaveable , not his mistake. MOTM"

hIUs190.gif

Catta

I'd take Bravo before either Valdes or ter Stegen. His 2014/2015 season for us was better than any the other two had. The confidence when seeing him in goal was something I never had with Valdes or mats.

Horatio

You're welcome
i ask again - what competition do oblak, neuer, courtois, alisson, ederson have?

I think these keepers hold less power within club though. If they started putting in performances like ter stegen quite possible you would read that their respective clubs are in the market for another keeper or something. Messi didn't rate Ter Stegen and the man was still undisputed starter.

You might be right that the keepers you mentioned lack competition as well, but I do feel they're kept more on their toes by the club than Ter Stegen.

Last edited:

malvolio

I think these keepers hold less power within club though. If they started putting in performances like ter stegen quite possible you would read that their respective clubs are in the market for another keeper or something. Messi didn't rate Ter Stegen and the man was still undisputed starter.

You might be right that the keepers you mentioned lack competition as well, but I do feel they're kept more on their toes by the club than Ter Stegen.

ter stegen is not kepa arizabalaga, mate. and what power does ter stegen hold in the club? neuer surely is a more powerful figure at bayern.

where did you get this theory about messi not rating him? just curious.

i get where you're coming from with this theory of having competition, but in the end we should just get rid if we want something else. it doesn't work long therm to have two similar level GKs and rightly so.

Home of Barca Fans