1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Horatio

You're welcome
where did you get this theory about messi not rating him? just curious.

Ter Stegen's farewell post regarding Messi. He mentioned how he is thankful for playing together even though "they had their differences". Now what could these differences been about I wonder? Surely not religion, politics, or game tactics. Nah, it is pretty obvious. Messi has probably blamed Ter Stegen for certain goals conceded and should step up and Ter Stegen of course having a different view on the matters. Also Suarez' comment about Ter Stegen not coming out during crosses telling.

Now, another red flag in itself is the fact Ter Stegen felt the need to mention it in his post when Barcelona was losing its biggest player in history.
Everyone has differences, so why mention it especially during these events? Just let it be about Messi and be done. Guess it was pretty serious then between them regarding differences.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
ter stegen is not kepa arizabalaga, mate. and what power does ter stegen hold in the club? neuer surely is a more powerful figure at bayern.

The fact that he is able to keep his GK coach at the club when Koeman wanted to replace him and now rumours of the same happening with Xavi.

And the way he is goalkeeping the past 2 seasons he is not that far off from Kepa.

malvolio

Ter Stegen's farewell post regarding Messi. He mentioned how he is thankful for playing together even though "they had their differences". Now what could these differences been about I wonder? Surely not religion, politics, or game tactics. Nah, it is pretty obvious. Messi has probably blamed Ter Stegen for certain goals conceded and should step up and Ter Stegen of course having a different view on the matters. Also Suarez' comment about Ter Stegen not coming out during crosses telling.

Now, another red flag in itself is the fact Ter Stegen felt the need to mention it in his post when Barcelona was losing its biggest player in history.
Everyone has differences, so why mention it especially during these events? Just let it be about Messi and be done. Guess it was pretty serious then between them regarding differences.

hmm, maybe you're right on this. suarez in that FIFA video is hilarious though.

malvolio

The fact that he is able to keep his GK coach at the club when Koeman wanted to replace him and now rumours of the same happening with Xavi.

And the way he is goalkeeping the past 2 seasons he is not that far off from Kepa.

who is this GK coach and why does it matter if he keeps him or not?

does ter stegen have nudes of laporta and his prostitutes?

he is better than kepa, let's cut the bullshit.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
who is this GK coach and why does it matter if he keeps him or not?

does ter stegen have nudes of laporta and his prostitutes?

De La Fuente.

It matters a lot since the guy has been regressing year after year , yet we are not after a GK nor is he getting benched.

But who knows with SPORT or MD criticising him after that Celta game , which if I'm not mistaken is the first that it ever happened things might change.

malvolio

De La Fuente.

It matters a lot since the guy has been regressing year after year , yet we are not after a GK nor is he getting benched.

But who knows with SPORT or MD criticising him after that Celta game , which if I'm not mistaken is the first that it ever happened things might change.

that guy is coach since the tito vilanova days, before ter stegen was here. what a bullshit story to make up :lol:

the fact that we didn't look for another GK, that is another story and is the board's responsibility.

you guys are making out as if ter stegen is calling the shots at barcelona. messi left and we have to find another tyrant?

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Obviously it's the board's responsibility , but surely feedback gets asked from coaches who are training the players daily , now you tell me what De La Fuente will say about a guy who kept him in his job.

From this week, the second of Ronald Koeman at the head of the new Barcelona project, already know the names of all the members of the 'staff' of work of the Dutch trainer on the eve of this new season 2020-21 full of uncertainty. Alfred Schreuder is the technical second; Henrik Larsson, the third. The most notable is that they have changed all the preparadores physical.

A clear sample, without place to doubts, that Koeman wants to endow to the team of new methodologies of physical work and of high intensity, with the aim to increase the rhythm of game in the parties and that the FC Barcelona go back to turn into a fearsome group no only with the balloon, but also without him.

Henrik Larsson Will make specific work with the forwards, and the only member of the previous 'staff' technical that does not move is the trainer of goalkeepers: Jos? Ram?n de la Fuente, with all probability by express wish of Ter Stegen. The new trident of preparadores physical will be formed, from now, by Albert Rock, Daniel Romero and Jaume Bartra.

Anyway this is my last post regarding this , you can believe what you want.

Last edited:

fergus90

I preferred Valdes to be honest, and he was in no way without his faults and blunders. Like I said before, a lot of the blunders tended to be with his feet but general shot stopping was always steady, never extraordinary.

Granted he didn't have an awful lot to do compared to present day Barca but that argument in favour of Stegen is moot, because games like Saturday when every shot the opponent has on target ends up in a goal is indefensible no matter how you look at it.

Every goalkeeper has an off day and usually a goalkeeping mistakes means a goal for the opposition, but it almost feels like Ter Stegen concedes with every half sensible shot on target now. With his surgeries and several participations in the humiliations, I don't think it's plausible he ever recovers form to a top level. Or at least the level some people think is world-class(not my personal opinion but a very popular opinion regardless).

Horatio

You're welcome
[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

Having more power than a keeper at x club can come in different shapes and sizes. You don't need to picture Ter Stegen sitting in a high tower and calling out the shots. It can be way more subtle. Or maybe I should have used "freedom" instead of "power".
I meant to say he gets away with much more than average keeper at big clubs. For example the fact Barca convinced themselves that they need a certain mold of keeper to adhere to certain philosphy and Ter Stegen fits that mold pretty closely(or so they came to think), that will put Ter Stegen in a stronger position because he knows the board thinks they will not easily find a replacement for him. (Personally I am ready to move on from keeper that is shite but "good with his feet". Any premier league keeper over this guy any day at this point)

Or like Messi 2140 he is playing politics and De La Fuente and Ter Stegen are keeping eachother on.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans