1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Devils

Zero confidence with him in goal. No one will want him though and it seems he has an ego. Not good.

Seems?

-This guy cried and threatened to leave if the club didn't bench/sell Bravo who was world class for us
-Tried to do the same thing with Neuer in the national team but got laughed out of the building by the Germans
-Argued frequently with Messi and never saw eye to eye with him and just had to mention it on goodbye message to him over social media
-Frequently questioned/criticized by his own teammates like Saurez and Pique

Not only does this guy have a massive ego, he's a political scumbag behind the scenes and tries to maintain good PR by always posting 'Sorry' or 'We'll bounce back' messages over social media.

And at the end of the day all this guy has to show for it:

FGHVPvtXEBMDBbz

The Germans don't take this guy seriously. They laugh at him, especially Bayern's senior players and management. Barca should have followed the Germans along time ago when it comes to this guy.

FCBfan22

Seems?

-This guy cried and threatened to leave if the club didn't bench/sell Bravo who was world class for us
-Tried to do the same thing with Neuer in the national team but got laughed out of the building by the Germans
-Argued frequently with Messi and never saw eye to eye with him and just had to mention it on goodbye message to him over social media
-Frequently questioned/criticized by his own teammates like Saurez and Pique

Not only does this guy have a massive ego, he's a political scumbag behind the scenes and tries to maintain good PR by always posting 'Sorry' or 'We'll bounce back' messages over social media.

And at the end of the day all this guy has to show for it:

FGHVPvtXEBMDBbz

The Germans don't take this guy seriously. They laugh at him, especially Bayern's senior players and management. Barca should have followed the Germans along time ago when it comes to this guy.

Add to that:

-He was probably the reason why we swapped Cillessen (a very good GK, who has had some world class saves from time to time and was great competition for him, keeping him on his toes constantly) for Neto, who probably has written in his contract that he is de-facto #2. And after that Marc Andre Ter Statue's downfall begun.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Valdes was a good GK who made an error here and there sometimes. Not a special GK, but a good one who had some clutch games in big moments.

ter Stegen at his best was better or at least way more consistent, but he has been terrible for a while now in a way that I cannot remember Valdes was.

I don't know, VV in 2010 was great actually, I think at his best he was better than Stegen.
Till 2 years ago, I would say MATS worst was better than VV worst (despite being error prone when he became 1st choice) but Stegen hit new low way younger than Valdes who was still at his prime in his 30's before his brutal injury kicked in.

blaug

I hope Xavi gets rid of him. It's scary to think that he could be here for several more years when we have good GK talents in our academy

Raki13

There is no more words left to describe how bad this guy is , surely there is a youngster at the club with a bit of potential.

JamDav1982

I hope Xavi gets rid of him. It's scary to think that he could be here for several more years when we have good GK talents in our academy

Tenas is praised to high heaven and unreal with ball at feet but he is exposed a lot with high balls into the box even at B team level.

Pena is more or less completely unproven.

It is ridiculous those two after this many years have still never played first team football anywhere. These type of players should be sent out on loan long before now to try and prove themselves.

Devils

Xavi: “Ter Stegen is fundamental, his commitment and dedication are extraordinary, he wants to improve. He knows he needs to improve in goal, but his kicking is excellent. "

I am #TeamXavi but some of the things he says are genuinely terrifying.

El Gato

Villarato!
Xavi: ?Ter Stegen is fundamental, his commitment and dedication are extraordinary, he wants to improve. He knows he needs to improve in goal, but his kicking is excellent. "

This dude in a job not even for a month and already scrambling to keep players on side and avoid dragging team into lower mid-table

:lol: :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
"His kicking is excellent" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who cares about stopping shots aimed straight at you when you can pass the ball.

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] Any update how deep we are in the sinking process ? :coffee:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi: “Ter Stegen is fundamental, his commitment and dedication are extraordinary, he wants to improve. He knows he needs to improve in goal, but his kicking is excellent. "

Hopefully its just show from Xavi.

Home of Barca Fans