1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Jaykob

I find it pretty ridiculous to judge a keeper only on based on saves, especially a potential keeper for barca

Cule4life

The Culest
Courtois playes one good game against Madrid and suddenly people forget that for a long time Ronaldo was his kryptonite.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Courtois playes one good game against Madrid and suddenly people forget that for a long time Ronaldo was his kryptonite.

in 11/12 he was owned by Ronaldo and had trouble with long shots, this season he's made great progress and has been much more secure.

yahudi

I think those flaws will be sorted out with time and experience

They will. Every young keeper Barca had during the last 10 years has improved with time: Enke, Reina, Valdes.

The question is whether the Club and the fans will be patient enough, especially coming off the most succesful era in Barca's history. The last thing we need is another Enke case. Being a keeper in Barcelona is not a thankful job, even Valdes was pretty much unappreciated until Rome 09

Kerrybai

I still do not really appreciate valdes... Even though I try to like him :p

Me too to be honest. He started playing for the first team in 2002 and I didn't follow Barca until many years after so maybe those who followed him from the beginning appreciate him more.

BorussiaBarcelona

Player and clubs say all this kind of words a lot ,it rarely means anything tbh ,his contract is until 2015 ,we all know that players worth much less in the market in their last year ,if the club wants to get maximum amount of money it is better to sell now ,though I remember someone(may be you) already said they are in a very good financial position right now ,so who knows

The player you're talking about was born in Mönchengladbach and plays for this club since he was four years old.
And the club's also trying to built something and financially stable, meaning that there's no need to sell him and I highly doubt that ter Stegen would pressure Borussia into anything.

Though, with his contract up in 2015, I think he'll look to switch teams next summer and Barca would then be at the top of the list, if there's still a new goalkeeper needed.

Musli

A train to FC Barcelona comes only once in a lifetime. MAtS seems like an ambitious guy, so if Barca comes knocking, I'm sure he'll respond. Yes, he's a Gladbacher through and through, but Barcelona offers so much more than Borussia. Money aside, he will have the opportunity to train with the best players in the world. More importantly, he will play in the Champions League, every year. And Barca will get at least as far as the quarterfinals, every single year. I'm sure that MAtS wants to replace Neuer as the first choice in the national team eventually, but first he needs to solidify himself as the back-up. Move to Barca would certainly help him achieve that. If Barca offers good money, I doubt Borussia will want to stop their homegrown player from seizing an opportunity of a lifetime.

Androutsos

apparently good progress is being made in his transfer but idk how reliable the source was. it was on barcastuff.

Home of Barca Fans