1 - Victor Valdes

M

mitkoa7x

Valdes has now conceded 33 goals in 24 clasicos #fcblive Real Madrid's Casillas conceded 58 goals in 33 clasicos

Doesnt seem that shitty any more

X

xaviniesta

Ramallets is regarded by many as the best keeper in Barca's history.

by your grandfather? tho respect for ramallets, many todays goalkeepers would broke their fingers by cathing that heavy balls with their bare hands.

PS i've got nothing about the old mans. its just todays game is much better. the players respect their own players for what they have done even though they have never seen them play and thats OK, but those stats that somebody in 50 years ago conceded less goals or something like this is just hilarious.
00.Ramallets%2Bdan%2BVald%25C3%25A9s.JPG

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Conceding less in those times is a feat imo, the score lines back then went to double digits often.

raedkuwait

am sorry i like valdes, but if they scored that late equalizer with the header i would have
been totally his fault, he need to improve really.

Meitux

vital mistake could of been costly and thats what i hate in valdes he is good overall but sometimes makes some shitty decisions and mistakes

Ursegor

World Champion
He's not playing out of the back at all cost anymore. Hoofing it up much more than usual. Don't know what to make of that.

Ender

He's not playing out of the back at all cost anymore. Hoofing it up much more than usual. Don't know what to make of that.
If I were to choose between hoofing it and conceding a silly goal, I'd take hoofing it every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

United4Life

If I were to choose between hoofing it and conceding a silly goal, I'd take hoofing it every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Mate, he made that mistake once, he wont do it again. Valdes is quality he is.
Barca owe a huge part of their success to him

X

xaviniesta

another guy who can't see the big picture...

lets be fair, valencia did, like they always do, some really good pressing to barcas defenders too and song is not too good with making himself available for a pass like busquets does.

but valdes was great yesterday, very solid.

Jelboo

It's understandable he's kicking the ball highly and quickly. That mistake would've been a huge mental blow.

Maria

Passing accuracy in the league:

90.9%(10/11 passes) - Buffon
86.8%(33/38 passes) - Casillas
54.7%(41/75 passes) - Cech
50.0%(18/36 passes) - Hart
47.7%(21/44 passes) - Valdes

For a team that takes pride in its passing game, I would say that this is a bad stat and what's worse is the fact that his PA droped after the first leg of the Supercup. What I don't remember is if after the last year's clasico(when he gifted a goal to Benzema) VV had the same confidence issue.

JackaL

he did the same thing last year when benzema scored after like 20 seconds

We won in the same match because of his passing though. Valdes is a crucial part of our passing game and I must say I prefer him to pass the ball to his defenders than kicking it somewhere to the pitch. A lot of these kicks come back as attacks and can be dangerous. Barca's discipline and trust in their own philosophy and game is really adorable and fascinating. It is this discipline that made us win 1-3 in the Bernabeu last year. In the last clasico we would have conceded even more goals without sticking to our game. Valdes is a very important part of this game.

@Maria

Which season are these stats from? Pretty surprising.

Home of Barca Fans