1 - Victor Valdes

X

xaviniesta

That's circular reasoning. If's and but's don't have a place in football.

It's always the same. Even after we win, half the forum starts shitting on every player they can get their hands on and even dare to camouflage this behaviour as constructive criticism. Some peoples' ego has outgrown the love to the club. It seems more important to flood the forum with mindless observations in order to gain "reputation" for pointing out single mistakes than to celebrate our victories. If this behaviour is directly related to the penis-extension aka post-count is not for me to discuss but the assumption seems reasonable.

Do you guys sit in front of your television eagerly waiting for someone to make a mistake (which Valdez didn't btw.) with the thought: "Yeah, now I can gather together with the other empty husks and verbally pummel that player on barcaforum" or what ?
I celebrate every match regardless of the result, even more so when we win. But just for you guys, I hope someone always makes a silly mistake just to watch you barfing all over the place.
And btw. this wasn't targeted at you, but at many here.

tumblr_lzgczkR7AK1r5unn6o1_400.gif

M

mitkoa7x

Valdes costs us a lot lately, we're entitled to voice our displeasure with him. We cant afford to limit a team to 2 shots per game and concede both.

Trickykid

That's circular reasoning. If's and but's don't have a place in football.

It's always the same. Even after we win, half the forum starts shitting on every player they can get their hands on and even dare to camouflage this behaviour as constructive criticism. Some peoples' ego has outgrown the love to the club. It seems more important to flood the forum with mindless observations in order to gain "reputation" for pointing out single mistakes than to celebrate our victories. If this behaviour is directly related to the penis-extension aka post-count is not for me to discuss but the assumption seems reasonable.

Do you guys sit in front of your television eagerly waiting for someone to make a mistake (which Valdez didn't btw.) with the thought: "Yeah, now I can gather together with the other empty husks and verbally pummel that player on barcaforum" or what ?
I celebrate every match regardless of the result, even more so when we win. But just for you guys, I hope someone always makes a silly mistake just to watch you barfing all over the place.
And btw. this wasn't targeted at you, but at many here.

Bloody well said, DennyCrane, bloody well said...

Mes que un club

There is no better goalkeeper in the world for us than Valdes. I'd take his one mistake in the Super Cup over Casillas two (might be more) point-costing mistakes in the league any day.

Mes que un club

Valdes costs us a lot lately, we're entitled to voice our displeasure with him. We cant afford to limit a team to 2 shots per game and concede both.
Oh, how i hate when people use that word to defend them criticising players. He was not questioning your freedom of speech or entitlement to criticise players, but rather your motivation to do so.

Henry_IB

Banned

Just as you're entitled to voice your displeausre of Victor's performance, so are others to voice their displeasure over your posts.

Richard.H

Of course this is a forum. What about the numerous users here who call out all the people that criticize Cesc and Alexis and say they are not real Barca fans?

How is it more okay to criticize VV but not Cesc and Alexis?

E

estranged

Of course this is a forum. What about the numerous users here who call out all the people that criticize Cesc and Alexis and say they are not real Barca fans?

People who hold a high moral ground and think they're better fans than othrs are annoying but I think you're mistaking normal fans who are angry at gloryhunters for those pompous fans. Initially I really found posters who called others fake/gloryhunters annoying, but I've grown to realise that those members have a point.

It's ok to criticise any players if you provide valid explanations and reasoning behind that criticism/opinion. However posts like "NOOOOOOO ALEXIS FUCK OFF!!!!!!" or "TITO WTFFFFFF NO TELLO!!!!!" or any one liner about how player x sucks, are anything but constructive criticism and that's why some members are angry at others.
This clubs success over recent seasons has inevitably attracted some unwanted attention and support, some people don't understand the challenges facing these players and just how much pressure they're under. These fans expect to tune in every week and watch Barca deliver a manita performance without taking the human aspects of the game into account. I mean the Tello/Alexis hating recently was just unbearable. People were shitting on these players as if they were there to sabotage the team, whereas if you actually watch the matches carefully you'd see just how much both of them try. I mean just go read some of the pre match comments in the SPartak thread when the line up was announced, those drones flying around taking cheap shots at players and Tito really are a cancer. Some people don't realise that Tito knows his own team better than them, if he's starting Tello/Alexis over Villa for example then there's most probably a reason for it, mainly because they're playing it safe with Villa. Everybody knows that Villa right now is a better player than Tello and probably Alexis, you don't receive any rep points for pointing something so obvious out. And if an opinion isn't really worth mentioning, then its best not to mention it. Some of the posts in chat during the Spartak match was just soul crushing. And as soon as Tello and Alexis stepped up those people shut the fuck up, but they'll be back next week as soon as Tello or Alexis make a bad pass.

At the end of the day all people need to do is to get their emotions under control and just put a little more thought and substance into their posts. People are taking their time to read your opinions, so don't be surprised of a backlash when you fill the forum with shitty one liners. Even if Tello and Alexis are shit what problems does bitching solve? Things in life are not so simple, a player just can't be thrown aside so easily after a few bad performances if that's the case than Puyol should have been kicked out of Barca 10 years ago.

Garrus

People who hold a high moral ground and think they're better fans than othrs are annoying but I think you're mistaking normal fans who are angry at gloryhunters for those pompous fans. Initially I really found posters who called others fake/gloryhunters annoying, but I've grown to realise that those members have a point.

It's ok to criticise any players if you provide valid explanations and reasoning behind that criticism/opinion. However posts like "NOOOOOOO ALEXIS FUCK OFF!!!!!!" or "TITO WTFFFFFF NO TELLO!!!!!" or any one liner about how player x sucks, are anything but constructive criticism and that's why some members are angry at others.
This clubs success over recent seasons has inevitably attracted some unwanted attention and support, some people don't understand the challenges facing these players and just how much pressure they're under. These fans expect to tune in every week and watch Barca deliver a manita performance without taking the human aspects of the game into account. I mean the Tello/Alexis hating recently was just unbearable. People were shitting on these players as if they were there to sabotage the team, whereas if you actually watch the matches carefully you'd see just how much both of them try. I mean just go read some of the pre match comments in the SPartak thread when the line up was announced, those drones flying around taking cheap shots at players and Tito really are a cancer. Some people don't realise that Tito knows his own team better than them, if he's starting Tello/Alexis over Villa for example then there's most probably a reason for it, mainly because they're playing it safe with Villa. Everybody knows that Villa right now is a better player than Tello and probably Alexis, you don't receive any rep points for pointing something so obvious out. And if an opinion isn't really worth mentioning, then its best not to mention it. Some of the posts in chat during the Spartak match was just soul crushing. And as soon as Tello and Alexis stepped up those people shut the fuck up, but they'll be back next week as soon as Tello or Alexis make a bad pass.

At the end of the day all people need to do is to get their emotions under control and just put a little more thought and substance into their posts. People are taking their time to read your opinions, so don't be surprised of a backlash when you fill the forum with shitty one liners. Even if Tello and Alexis are shit what problems does bitching solve? Things in life are not so simple, a player just can't be thrown aside so easily after a few bad performances if that's the case than Puyol should have been kicked out of Barca 10 years ago.

You have my full respect, Great post

DennyCrane

It's perfectly fine to criticize players. It's perfectly fine to say what you think - IF you think, that is. The sole reason I put my post in this thread is because Valdez was doubted from day one until now with little reference to his actual performance - a prime example. If you can spare the time, browse a few random pages in this thread and you'll see what I mean - it's always a certain pattern that occurs.

Not only does this encourage posters to try to sing the lead soprano in the dustmens' choir, but it also discourages posters from contributing anything who initially felt the urge to do so. I can only speak for myself: Usually I skim 3 pages in the players section and immediately log out and go fishin', if you catch my drift. And sometimes it's hard to contain oneself.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans