1 - Victor Valdes

Ohio Catalan

On both of Sevilla's goals, VV did just about everything right but make the save. He wasn't really out of position on either, and guessed/reacted correctly for both. The first beat him after he got a touch on it (it was also close range and well struck), and the second was an impressive effort from Negredo.

Jelboo

But still, we can all agree I think that Valdes is making mistakes. Frequently. And the goalkeeper of a team of this standing shouldn't do that this often.

E

estranged

Lets make a few things clear:

1. His performance didn't affect the scoreline today. If he didn't concede that first soft goal we wouldn't have scored/they wouldn't have conceded.
2. He is clearly not the Valdes of 08-12. I think he isn't as focused as before.
3. He concedes a lot on his left near post, needs to fix that. It's gotten to the point that almost everytime somebody shoots at an angle at Valdes you know it's gonna go in.

But yea, should have done better on the first goal.

ricknattery

2 shots from CR, 2 goals
six games in a row being CR's bitch....
He is losing all the credit he earned in previous seasons. It's not disrespectful to start thinking about a goalie that can give him some challenge at least. The team needs him in these kind of matches and he wasn't there. Don't really know what else to say, I'd like for him to get back to being awesome but Barca cannot wait.
Of course getting a CB in the winter is the priority but 6 games in a row is a reason to be worried

abual3bed1

that 1st goal was a 100% copy of Sevilla's 1st goal only he did react. Ronaldo had a decent shot from inside the box, that was very hard to save although could've had a better positioning and if Alves really tried to block the shot.

plz don't forget that decisive save of Higuain's shot.

Home of Barca Fans