1 - Victor Valdes

ricknattery

that 1st goal was a 100% copy of Sevilla's 1st goal only he did react. Ronaldo had a decent shot from inside the box, that was very hard to save although could've had a better positioning and if Alves really tried to block the shot.

plz don't forget that decisive save of Higuain's shot.

If Higuain scores from that angle(and in his post again) then we better sell Valdes...
His job is to save us on one-on-one situations, not all of them of course but a good percentage. CR is scoring in almost every shot he attempts. That's a pathetic percentage for a keeper in a team of Barca caliber

Theconomist

The sad reality is our weakest link is Valdes. And as was proven time and time again this season and the last you're as good as your weakest link. You can actually count the saves every 2-3 matches which is a very worrying situation. No youth gk looks to be challenging him for his position either. And his status in the club doesn't help.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Come on, even Torres would have scored that second goal, give the guy a break...

Just a question for all the smart-asses? How many shots did Casillas save? Messi shot twice and scored twice, Montoya hit the woodwork and Pedro was off target... Surely he is a crap goalkeeper too, right?

ricknattery

Come on, even Torres would have scored that second goal, give the guy a break...

Just a question for all the smart-asses? How many shots did Casillas save? Messi shot twice and scored twice, Montoya hit the woodwork and Pedro was off target... Surely he is a crap goalkeeper too, right?

Casillas is being heavily criticized in Madrid forums, because of the same things Valdes is doing or not doing: stopping at least 1 or 2 one-on-ones.
Both were poor today, no way to deny that, but I don't care about Casillas performances as much as Valdes ones and he is being average at best gainst Madrid in the last 5 or 6 games. It's not criticism just for the sake of it. there is a real problem here. Just look at the stats

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

i know i know victor is one of our players and i just love him and hit attitude but as far as i see it and my friend who watch football with me but are not into the game... its always the same they ask me why barca doesnt has a big goalkeeper who get the corners and the airballs.... although he seems to be maried to his goalline... i mean ronaldo did shot great but i think a worldclass goalkeeper needs to make some incredible saves from time to time... a huge goalie would make some impact on the opponent..like messi said once after the chelsea game " chech is huge it seems like there is no space to shot the ball when his at his goal". imagine a huge keeper like manuel neuer who can although play with his foot... IMO barca should go for some german goalie..

marc ter stegen, manuel neuer, rene adler, kevin trapp, oliver baumann, weidenfeller, ron robert zieler.... those guy are just amazing....

ShandyFFM

who knows...every keeper makes mistakes.. but at the moment i dont have the feeling that victor saves any shot.... if i look back at our latest games there werent many shots on our goal but most of them got in

M

Messi+Eto

I would trade Valdes for Hart without even thinking. . . . Never been a fan. Has always been the weakest link. Always seems lost in his thoughts.

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

i see so much work for barca to improve their level right now...

neymar for the attack... new goalie and a good cb

we got so many injured players every season its incredible..... although cesc and alexis doesnt seem to fit in our style

Leo10

Valdes disappoints me almost every game, every single shot of Cristiano he lets in, for 6 games in a row that's madness!

Can you guys name one game this season when Valdes was men of the match or at least had a great game? I know that he is one of the best and replacing him is not an option but come on man he has to wake up.

With this form we should all place a bet on next clasico for Cristiano Ronaldo to score. Cristiano should send Valdes flowers after every game he actually makes him look better than he is.

Home of Barca Fans