1 - Victor Valdes

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
i know i know victor is one of our players and i just love him and hit attitude but as far as i see it and my friend who watch football with me but are not into the game... its always the same they ask me why barca doesnt has a big goalkeeper who get the corners and the airballs.... although he seems to be maried to his goalline... i mean ronaldo did shot great but i think a worldclass goalkeeper needs to make some incredible saves from time to time... a huge goalie would make some impact on the opponent..like messi said once after the chelsea game " chech is huge it seems like there is no space to shot the ball when his at his goal". imagine a huge keeper like manuel neuer who can although play with his foot... IMO barca should go for some german goalie..

marc ter stegen, manuel neuer, rene adler, kevin trapp, oliver baumann, weidenfeller, ron robert zieler.... those guy are just amazing....

........Who are Trapp and Baumann?

We should seriously stop criticising Valdes so much. He is a decent goalkeeper who has saved our asses numerous times, especially the last 2 seasons. Just because he made that one mistake in the Supercopa everyone is jumping at him whenever he concedes a goal, even if those goals were almost impossible to stop. That first goal was not Valdes' fault. Ronaldo scored like that against lots of goalkeepers in the Liga, it was just too hard to stop. And the second goal was not stoppable.

Iker has let in 5, 6 and a lot of times 3 goals in matches against Barcelona, does that make him a bad goalkeeper aswell?

Last edited:

SoMa

Messi should stay extra-extra overtime and practice a few shots so can valdes can get better after training.

Trickykid

Can you guys name one game this season when Valdes was men of the match or at least had a great game?

Funny you should ask. You need to look no further than the second leg defeat against RM and the home game against Granada. In both games the users on the forum rated him our second best player in the MotM-thread.

Leo10

Funny you should ask. You need to look no further than the second leg defeat against RM and the home game against Granada. In both games the users on the forum rated him our second best player in the MotM-thread.

Ok I will check it. Still if we look at recent Clasicos it seems like all that Cristiano has to do is shoot on target and Valdes fails. Its not a fact but a general impression of mine and I'm sick of it.

To his defense I guess that is what Madrid fans think of Messi and Casillas.

ab739

Ok I will check it. Still if we look at recent Clasicos it seems like all that Cristiano has to do is shoot on target and Valdes fails. Its not a fact but a general impression of mine and I'm sick of it.

To his defense I guess that is what Madrid fans think of Messi and Casillas.
To ikers defense we usually bombard Madrid with shots and he manages to save quite a few of them sometimes. All Madrid has to do is give the ball to someone in the box and its an automatic goal cuz victor has been Sh** against Madrid since last year

B

beautifulgame

Lolz. Madrid usually has everyone behind the ball. when a Madrid player shoots on victor, it's often 1 v 1 running through on goal.

Also, Neuer got his ass beat on the near post more than once last season.

Co0ter

The number of shots on net and chances created are only a small aspect to consider when rating a goalie. Valdez, and it's not the first time this year, has been beat at the near-post when he shouldn't have. Ronaldo shot from a tough angle....too bad Valdez' positioning was even worse. He also only gets to like 50% of the balls he actually comes out of the net to claim.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not. Good. Enough.

I do not care if he can hit a target with his feet from 60 yards. I wan't a goalie who can claim the ball in the air (because our team is short as hell) and stops the ball from going into the net.

ricknattery

........Who are Trapp and Baumann?

We should seriously stop criticising Valdes so much. He is a decent goalkeeper who has saved our asses numerous times, especially the last 2 seasons. Just because he made that one mistake in the Supercopa everyone is jumping at him whenever he concedes a goal, even if those goals were almost impossible to stop. That first goal was not Valdes' fault. Ronaldo scored like that against lots of goalkeepers in the Liga, it was just too hard to stop. And the second goal was not stoppable.

Iker has let in 5, 6 and a lot of times 3 goals in matches against Barcelona, does that make him a bad goalkeeper aswell?

Decent goalkeeper? He was an amazing goalkeeper(top 5 two seasons ago in my opinion) but now he is not that good, certainly I wouldn't be so harsh and call him a "decent goalkeeper" overall, but against Madrid he has been shit, horrible for close to a year. I believe it all started when he fucked up against them in the first minute of a clasico almost a year ago. His mentality was destroyed and Ronaldo now owns him, when it used to be the opposite. Needs to wake up in Clasicos(most deciding games in the season for us) or be dropped, cannot let Cristiano destroy us anytime he wants

Meitux

There are no excuses also for Valdes he gets easily beat by shots and more worse on near post now by C.Ronaldo and before by Kevin Prince Boateng he didnt cover good his angle and even if he didnt that i cant understand how he cant save that from a so little space

M

Messi+Eto

They say, "The truth shall set you free" . Even if we lie to ourselves its obvious to the world that a log of wood will do almost as good as Vales manning the post. Ever wondered why "WE" are the only ones who say good things about him. I feel embarrassed when its CL night and he is shown on TV and all my friends from work start laughing.

SEvolution

I look up to Joe hart against Dortmund and Abbiati against Zenit that too on the same week then i do watch Valdes and just laugh like hell. Respect what he has done for us but now it's time and a bit too late to grasp Lloris who is nnot going well at Spurs might request an early transfer.

Last edited:

Meitux

So some of you guys are saying we need him just because he can pass the ball well? :lol::lol::lol: if he cant make saves and gets beaten on the near post whats the point of goalkeeper FOR FUCK SAKE? the job of goalkeeper is to to make saves and Valdes i dont give a shit if he can pass well but at the moment he sucks concidering Cr's goal and his mistake against Di maria

Trickykid

So some of you guys are saying we need him just because he can pass the ball well? :lol::lol::lol: if he cant make saves and gets beaten on the near post whats the point of goalkeeper FOR FUCK SAKE? the job of goalkeeper is to to make saves and Valdes i dont give a shit if he can pass well but at the moment he sucks concidering Cr's goal and his mistake against Di maria

I'm sorry, but I really need this off my chest.
Your posts are so god damn trivial, and you seem to have an unhealthy obsession of posting the same ridiculous crap over and over and OVER again... GOD you're a pain in the ass!

Basically your posts are one of 3 brilliant observations:
1. TITO WHY YOU NO PLAY VILLA!?!?!?!
2. VALDES YOU SUCK MAN!
3. BARCA WHY YOU NO BUY DEFENDER?!?!

There, that felt better.

numero

I'm sorry, but I really need this off my chest.
Your posts are so god damn trivial, and you seem to have an unhealthy obsession of posting the same ridiculous crap over and over and OVER again... GOD you're a pain in the ass!

Basically your posts are one of 3 brilliant observations:
1. TITO WHY YOU NO PLAY VILLA!?!?!?!
2. VALDES YOU SUCK MAN!
3. BARCA WHY YOU NO BUY DEFENDER?!?!

There, that felt better.

man I agree with you so much . Even I had to say the same thing ...

Home of Barca Fans