1 - Victor Valdes

Meitux

i dont care thats my opinion and i say it because always someone is there to defend valdes with his stupid mistakes i will say it 100000 times if i want

Last edited:

Trickykid

i dont care thats my opinion and i say it because always someone is there to defend valdes with his stupid mistakes i will say it 100000 times if i want

Oh, I know that's your oppinion, as I've read it 500 damn times over the last month or so.
I've had you on ignore for quite a while, but my damn tapatalk app messes up, and still shows your verbal pollution in the headers, and then refuses to make them appear as read even though I force myself to click on the thread, so I guess I'm all out of luck here.

Meitux

Oh, I know that's your oppinion, as I've read it 500 damn times over the last month or so.
I've had you on ignore for quite a while, but my damn tapatalk app messes up, and still shows your verbal pollution in the headers, and then refuses to make them appear as read even though I force myself to click on the thread, so I guess I'm all out of luck here.
If you dont like what i say dont look at or reply to i cant make anything i am who i am and i cant change :p

ShandyFFM

........Who are Trapp and Baumann?

We should seriously stop criticising Valdes so much. He is a decent goalkeeper who has saved our asses numerous times, especially the last 2 seasons. Just because he made that one mistake in the Supercopa everyone is jumping at him whenever he concedes a goal, even if those goals were almost impossible to stop. That first goal was not Valdes' fault. Ronaldo scored like that against lots of goalkeepers in the Liga, it was just too hard to stop. And the second goal was not stoppable.

Iker has let in 5, 6 and a lot of times 3 goals in matches against Barcelona, does that make him a bad goalkeeper aswell?

KEVIN TRAPP and OLIVER BAUMANN are sub 21 payers for germany the areset to be the biggest talents in clubfootball as goalkeepers... especially KEVIN TRAPP... barca should get him imo... look how good eintracht frankfur tis at the german bundesliga .. 2 place with 5-1-1 .... because of the goalie who saved them incredible points

DennyCrane

i know i know victor is one of our players and i just love him and hit attitude but as far as i see it and my friend who watch football with me but are not into the game... its always the same they ask me why barca doesnt has a big goalkeeper who get the corners and the airballs.... although he seems to be maried to his goalline... i mean ronaldo did shot great but i think a worldclass goalkeeper needs to make some incredible saves from time to time... a huge goalie would make some impact on the opponent..like messi said once after the chelsea game " chech is huge it seems like there is no space to shot the ball when his at his goal". imagine a huge keeper like manuel neuer who can although play with his foot... IMO barca should go for some german goalie..

marc ter stegen, manuel neuer, rene adler, kevin trapp, oliver baumann, weidenfeller, ron robert zieler.... those guy are just amazing....

KEVIN TRAPP and OLIVER BAUMANN are sub 21 payers for germany the areset to be the biggest talents in clubfootball as goalkeepers... especially KEVIN TRAPP... barca should get him imo... look how good eintracht frankfur tis at the german bundesliga .. 2 place with 5-1-1 .... because of the goalie who saved them incredible points

Neuer is not for sale, Adler was injured for almost two years, Weidenfeller is 32. ter Stegen, Zieler, Trapp and Baumann have zero experience on CL-level. And don't overhype Trapp just because you live in Frankfurt :p (your name gives it away).

I don't see how any of these keepers is necessarily superior to Valdes. Valdes made and still makes incredible saves from time to time, and like every other world-class keeper, which half of the guys you mentioned are not, he lets relatively easy shots in from time to time. I fail to see the problem there.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Neuer is not for sale, Adler was injured for almost two years, Weidenfeller is 32. ter Stegen, Zieler, Trapp and Baumann have zero experience on CL-level. And don't overhype Trapp just because you live in Frankfurt :p (your name gives it away).

I don't see how any of these keepers is necessarily superior to Valdes. Valdes made and still makes incredible saves from time to time, and like every other world-class keeper, which half of the guys you mentioned are not, he lets relatively easy shots in from time to time. I fail to see the problem there.

From time to time???? Valdes does it all the time. He only doesnt do it when we're completely dominating a match and he has nothing to do. Most of the time all he does is look up into the heavens and cross himself when we score. I fucking hate it when they show that in the replays.

Bottom line he isnt good enough for Barca but since he's a Masia product we have stuck with him. If he was an outsider he would have been given his marching orders some time ago. His mistakes have cost us in quite a few matches. His distribution is ok but nothing another competent gk cant learn. Its not as if Valdes dribbles past 3 defenders and then makes a defence splitting pass. The problem is we'd get 12 million max for him. No other club rates him.

Have you ever heard any opposing manager say, "That Victor Valdes, He's brilliant!". Nope I havent too!

Barcilliant

........Who are Trapp and Baumann?

We should seriously stop criticising Valdes so much. He is a decent goalkeeper who has saved our asses numerous times, especially the last 2 seasons. Just because he made that one mistake in the Supercopa everyone is jumping at him whenever he concedes a goal, even if those goals were almost impossible to stop. That first goal was not Valdes' fault. Ronaldo scored like that against lots of goalkeepers in the Liga, it was just too hard to stop. And the second goal was not stoppable.

Iker has let in 5, 6 and a lot of times 3 goals in matches against Barcelona, does that make him a bad goalkeeper aswell?

Have you seen how many goal saving moments Cassilas had had against Barca???? I would say minimum 25 at least. Just look at the Copa which they won in 10-11. In the final he won the match with all those saves. Dont bother comparing VV to Iker. Its silly.

Barcilliant

There are no excuses also for Valdes he gets easily beat by shots and more worse on near post now by C.Ronaldo and before by Kevin Prince Boateng he didnt cover good his angle and even if he didnt that i cant understand how he cant save that from a so little space

The worse one was when Van Persie did it at Arsenal against VV. Talk about threading a needle. There was no way VV could not have saved that.

Barcilliant

The problem is his competiton is Pinto-another erratic $hitty keeper. Both Pinto and Valdes make the occasional great save but both are not very strong in the basics.

Lloris was available cheap. We should have gotten him. At least that would put VV on notice. At the moment he's untouchable and thats not a good thing.

Meitux

The worse one was when Van Persie did it at Arsenal against VV. Talk about threading a needle. There was no way VV could not have saved that.
yes,you are tottaly right Van Persies goal was the biggest example but Valdes is Valdes and he didnt save it

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Valdes is a classic example of a player who an opinion was formed on during his early playing career. There is no disputing he was very inconsistant and error prone in his early career, You wouldnt of thought it was unreasonable for Barca to sell during that period.

But from 2007 til now, he as been nothing short of sensational for you lot, Despite this, the media and some fans who are easily influenced by them still labelled him as inconsistent. And every time a mistake is made on his part, you get this, 'We need to sell...'

I genuinly think he's been on a par, if not better than Casillas these last few years, just a shame he's not as well appreciated as he should of been.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Valdes has definitely improved these past few years. I can only think 5 goalkeepers who are on a different level to him. 1 will always be unattainable and the other 4 play for clubs that don't need cash and would only sell at a premium.

I see Valdes on the same level as about 20 other GK's worldwide at the moment. But for me there are 4 or 5 GK's a cut above him and everyone else at this moment in time.

Meitux

i dont mind the option of selling him but his mistakes and some goals examples of Van Persie Boateng Ronaldo and mistakes like against Di Maria or against real again on December makes you doubt how consistent or how good goalkeeper is he

Home of Barca Fans