1 - Victor Valdes

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
That's actually utter bs. First of all, Spanish Barça fans think of him quite highly, despite of the odd mistake here and there. Yes, he has made more errors recently, but that should in no way take away of what he has achieved, what he has done, and what he will keep on doing for our team. He's not in any way more mistake prone than any other top keeper. Have you seen the howlers / blunders made / let in by Stekelenburg, Casillas, Neuer, Cech, Buffon & co?

Second, neutral fans are in no way different than the Barça fans on this forum. They have a divided opinion of him, which luckily leans more towards him being a solid, great and WC keeper. He has proven a lot of people wrong over the past years, and it shows. And this is only an observation I've taken discussing him with plenty of my mates living around the world who support their own distinctive teams.

The fact that our own fans can't seem to give him the credit he deserves is, frankly put, appalling. What's even worse, is that people seem to pull accusations out of thin air with no factual or empirical data to back up their non-existent theories. Skating on thin ice seems to be the trend this year.
I see people here who hate Valdes just for the sake of hating him. The "mistakes" he makes just adds up to their delusional points. As you said they want WC keepers, but in reality they suck as well. It's stupid because after watching Casillas in the last Clasico :)lol:) they still want him over Valdes. Then I hear them wanting Hart, Neuer, etc. it's getting extremely annoying.

X

xaviniesta

the moment that gave me chill though.
[video=metacafe;9232517/pedro_goal_real_madrid/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9232517/pedro_goal_real_madrid/[/video]

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
That was one mistake too many from him this season for me. I think it is time we look to replace him, or bring a keeper in as competition for him.

X

xaviniesta

indeed, lets buy hart, neuer, lloris and any keeper that will pop in my head.

gazza

Wish some people on here would stop blaming V.V. for everything, no chance with the penalty no chance with the second goal.
No chance with the own goal.
He pulled off a couple of very good saves as well,come on even Casillas would struggle behind the defence we have at the moment.

UberNjufer

That's actually utter bs. First of all, Spanish Barça fans think of him quite highly, despite of the odd mistake here and there. Yes, he has made more errors recently, but that should in no way take away of what he has achieved, what he has done, and what he will keep on doing for our team. He's not in any way more mistake prone than any other top keeper. Have you seen the howlers / blunders made / let in by Stekelenburg, Casillas, Neuer, Cech, Buffon & co?

Second, neutral fans are in no way different than the Barça fans on this forum. They have a divided opinion of him, which luckily leans more towards him being a solid, great and WC keeper. He has proven a lot of people wrong over the past years, and it shows. And this is only an observation I've taken discussing him with plenty of my mates living around the world who support their own distinctive teams.

The fact that our own fans can't seem to give him the credit he deserves is, frankly put, appalling. What's even worse, is that people seem to pull accusations out of thin air with no factual or empirical data to back up their non-existent theories. Skating on thin ice seems to be the trend this year.
a lot of nothing you just wrote.Victor was amazing from 07' to 10' but you are as good as your last game and the last 2 years he's been way way below par and no DATA is needed to prove that,that's what eyes are used for - watching actuall games.

raedkuwait

its not like we need to replace him now , but he need to feel competition, 2 goals the second and the free
kick where his mistake, every one every channle every sports analyst say he is the week link in barca in the last 2 years
so we need to stop being blind, for god sake i am at the point that i feel every shot on our goal
would score plus u have this feeling that he him self does not really have any confidence in him self
and thats a killer for any player in any sport

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

every one every channle every sports analyst say he is the week link in barca

revista guys just all agreed that he is a fantastic goalkeeper and not a weak link of barca (guillem, chapi and the host) so your little argument is already invalid.

talking of weak link, for me today it was tito and masch.

E

estranged

It's no coincidence that VV looks bad at a time when we have the worst defense since the Rijkaard era. Unfortunately our defenders often ball watch and let the opposition walk towards our box, at which point VV is unsighted by his own defenders who don't really stop the threat, and only help by blinding VV and letting the forwards get a clean shot on goal, any keeper would struggle in that situation. Somebody posted an interesting infrographic of the Barca-Real match 2 weeks ago, Reals defenders rarely ever find themselves in their own 18 yard box during a match, let alone 6 yard box, this basically means that casillas is rarely unsighted and is mostly concerned with saving long distance shots which tend to be a lot easier than those shot in the 18 yard box, which is the way it should be. The defense is the main problem not VV.

hellsangel1

He has been making mistakes and maybe he's not a great keeper but when you have a defense like we have and the CB pairing that we have right now, it would make even a good GK jittery and make him lose his confidence. It's a collective issue and not just Valdes, the defense in front him has been steadily worsening as well....

hellsangel1

According to me sometimes our defense doesn't know when to back off or when to come forward and put pressure on the ball, they just don't have a consistent game and make mistakes with their decision making a few too many times. There is no elite team in the world that has an average defense and right now we have an average defense.

Home of Barca Fans