1 - Victor Valdes

Papabeef

Lovely, watching the gif for about 12 times like a complete fool made me think ; hmm actually his second save was a bit off... shouldnt he have burst it up in the air far from danger??

then i looked at it like 8 times more lol and finally think that he had to try and cover more air in case the rebound shot was going higher! which ultimately means his reactions were brilliant! Dunno if im making much sense but i just want express myself here.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
1353885465_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Had four extremely important saves during the game, and held his own even during the somewhat ridiculous penalty kick.

I honestly think that with Pique and Puyol back he has been gradually having his confidence rise up, which in effect has affected the rest of the team as well.

Having said that, I do know that it is way too early to tell whether the return of P & P has empirically had the effect claimed above since the sample of their games together is somewhat minimal as of yet (three-four games played, as far as I remember). However, the signs are there and they look positive.

X

xaviniesta

well, it sure had the effect that victor plays from the back and dont hoof the ball, which is so important for the whole team. now if only pique and puyol could stay fit now...:fingerscrossed:

barcanuck

VV played Falcao too far off his line, reminded me of the Ramires Chelsea goal. I mean only great players are able to chip from that angle but still he sometimes just has to stay on his line cover the post and save the shot. Lets not take anything away from Falcao he was brilliant seeing Valdes off his line at full speed chipped him.

B

beautifulgame

VV played Falcao too far off his line, reminded me of the Ramires Chelsea goal. I mean only great players are able to chip from that angle but still he sometimes just has to stay on his line cover the post and save the shot. Lets not take anything away from Falcao he was brilliant seeing Valdes off his line at full speed chipped him.

jaguarfanwhat?.gif

X

xaviniesta

not that again....ask any goalkeepers coach and they would tell you that you have to come off your line. end of. that finish from falcao was sumblime, just like ramire's. ironicly it was once again messi who lost the ball there which led to goal, just like ramire's goal. but once again valdes have to take all the shit.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

He did the right thing there. Had he stayed on his line at the front post Falcao would have been able to score much easier

M

mitkoa7x

He came out but he didnt stretch properly he just leaned one way opening his near post like he always does... he should be going for the ball in Falcao's feet.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
not that again....ask any goalkeepers coach and they would tell you that you have to come off your line. end of. that finish from falcao was sumblime, just like ramire's. ironicly it was once again messi who lost the ball there which led to goal, just like ramire's goal. but once again valdes have to take all the shit.

I think Messi's lost ball led to Drogba's goal but your point about Valdés still stands...

Valdés did what he had to do, the goal was pure Falcao magic, especially since Valdés expected him to finish like he had in his previous one-on-one...

footyfan

Calma, calma

Xavi lost the ball when he made a weak pass to Iniesta for Ramires goal. Ironically, it was Xavi again with a weak pass to Messi for Falcao's goal.

Besides Valdes didn't take the shit for Ramires' goal. Maybe on this forum (I didn't join at that point) but not in general. It's difficult to blame anyone for that goal but if it had to be someone, it would be Mascherano for leaving his position to pressure Lampard but still putting in a weak tackle.

Home of Barca Fans