1 - Victor Valdes

M

mitkoa7x

I would lol so hard if he leaves us after we put up with his bullcrap for so long

desoe

It would be hard to find another goalkeeper with a footwork so fit to our system. Maybe even impossible. It'd be a big change to our passing routine

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It would be hard to find another goalkeeper with a footwork so fit to our system. Maybe even impossible. It'd be a big change to our passing routine

I don't think it's THAT big of an issue. I mean all he really does is play off his line much more and get involved in more passes. It wouldn't take a new goalkeeper too long to develop that skill and become comfortable with it. If Valdes does leave then i'd wanna see ter Stegen or De Gea. ter Stegen is more reliable and a better all round shot stopper but De Gea is more acrobatic and fits our system more as well.

Xtroverto

I don't think it's THAT big of an issue. I mean all he really does is play off his line much more and get involved in more passes. It wouldn't take a new goalkeeper too long to develop that skill and become comfortable with it. If Valdes does leave then i'd wanna see ter Stegen or De Gea. ter Stegen is more reliable and a better all round shot stopper but De Gea is more acrobatic and fits our system more as well.

The club certainly think it is THAT big of an issue. One option that is on the table is to buy in an established keeper this summer and then school him during a full year while Valdes remain as the first choice keeper. Even the best keepers in the world will struggle a lot to adapt to Barcelona, it is simply not a matter of skills or footwork or whether the GK can pass the ball but the fact that he needs to learn to play accordingly to the team strategics, this is the really hard nut to crack and something that no GK (I don't care what name you through out) will be able to do during a pre-season or even the first full year in Barcelona.

Eetu

Adormit
I suppose it should be mentioned, that Zubi, interviewed during half-time by Telecinco, stated that they have already sat down with VV and his representative, renewal negotiations are well under way and truth is quite opposite to what has been in rumors past few days.

Galning

Valdés said:
Hola a todos, quiero aclarar que todavia no me he pronunciado acerca de mi futuro, en su momento lo haré. Todo lo que se esté hablando al respecto, son especulaciones.

From his official Facebook.

Home of Barca Fans