1 - Victor Valdes

Birdy

Keeper is a big thing in barca.. Valdez was the perfect fit in many aspects. Apart from some mistakes here and there, or easy shots conceded, his ability with the ball primarily and some nice saves on one one secondary, are assets its hard to find on the market.. Casillas, Buffon Nouer could not play for barca for example.. They cannot play with the ball down.
Maybe Van der Saar when he was young could do it.. (and still his reflexes would be less apt than Valdes')

KhaledBarca

BA4H26SCMAAAwRU.png:large

Saves per shots conceded in LIGA since 2009/10:
- Valdes (268 Saves, 358 Shots conceded, 74.9% Saves)
- Casillas (307 S, 419 SC, 73.3%)

poldep

Valdes is angry. Why else would you announce this to the media? He could have told the club management and continue untill the summer and then announce it. We are still playing for the CL and Copa ffs!!
I am very sure it's about money. He wanted more and didn't get more. I hope Barca finds a replacement and kicks his ass out. He is just like Cristiano-estoy triste.

Darko

"The margin we have [until he leaves] is a year and a half, and that's not bad..."
so he is leaving on a free??? -.-
why do we always do this,we never get good money for our players

poldep

Also, he's making his position at Barca practically impossible now. What will be the reaction of the media/the fans if he lets in a few goals?

Valdes is angry. Why else would you announce this to the media? He could have told the club management and continue untill the summer and then announce it. We are still playing for the CL and Copa ffs!!
I am very sure it's about money. He wanted more and didn't get more. I hope Barca finds a replacement and kicks his ass out. He is just like Cristiano-estoy triste.

Doesn't he earn like 6 million a year at Barca? I doubt anyone's gonna pay him more than that. Anyways, I'm not too concerned. Just hope he plays well enough for the rest of the season. He's not as bad as people say, but there are plenty of goalies better than him. Him leaving is gonna hurt him a lot more than it hurts Barca.

I wouldn't be surprised if Valdez moved to Bayern Munich...just saying

Valdes + cash for Neuer? Yes please. Doubt it's gonna happen though.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
It wasn't just Rüstü, it was also Bonano, Enke, Hesp, Baia and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other awful experiment they tried.

It has nothing to do with divine right of Valdes, it means chemistry for a keeper is being underrated by those of you who think Barca can throw money at some flavor of the day keeper and he will automatically thrive because of his name.

Don't brink Enke into this. Enke doesn't even have 5 caps with Barcelona. He got treated like shit under van Gaal. He was supposed to be the reserve goalkeeper. Then suddenly van Gaal decided that 20 year old Valdes was a better fit before again reconsidering and putting Valdes back into Barca B. Then he gave him his debut against a third division team which Barcelona lost by 3 goals and Frank de Boer blamed Enke publicly for the loss (talk about a healthy team chemistry, eh?). His depressions already started back then. Those circumstances are surely not a proof that Enke failed because of a lack of ability to be a goalkeeper for Barcelona.

Hesp was the third choice goalkeeper of the Netherlands. We bought a 32 year old third coice goalkeeper. ROFL.

Same shit with Bonano. We bought a 31 year old guy who had never played in Europe before.

These guys don't prove Valdes' superiority. They show that Barcelona only bought scrubs in the past.

Irish_Cules

He has been great for us and he deserves a good send off. Hopefully it really is about wanting to explore other footballing cultures and not money. I wonder will he be sold in the summer or else leave at the end of his contract?

poldep

Doesn't he earn like 6 million a year at Barca? I doubt anyone's gonna pay him more than that. Anyways, I'm not too concerned. Just hope he plays well enough for the rest of the season. He's not as bad as people say, but there are plenty of goalies better than him. Him leaving is gonna hurt him a lot more than it hurts Barca.

I am concerned.

He has been great for us and he deserves a good send off. Hopefully it really is about wanting to explore other footballing cultures and not money. I wonder will he be sold in the summer or else leave at the end of his contract?

Doubt it's about money, coz I HIGHLY doubt anyone's gonna pay him more than Barca. Doesn't he earn like 6 million euros a year or something?

Ursegor

World Champion
He used to hate goalkeeping before Pep had arrived and introduced a super aggressive pressing system like never seen before. He'll hate it again once he goes to any other team which lets in more than ... 1 shot on target per game.

Home of Barca Fans