1 - Victor Valdes

ShandyFFM

Barcelona had planned to offer goalkeeper Victor Valdes (31) a contract renewal until 2018 worth 10M gross a year. [intereconomia]

not sure i cant belive that...

Galning

And it was 13M yesterday.. they can say all they want now. I heard they've offered him 2M per week and he still refused!! :eek: :eek: :eek:!!!

:lol: we dodged a bullet there. no way he deserves 10m a year for what he has to do.
Agreed, if that's true, which I doubt. According to google, he already earns 6m a year, which is as much as Buffon, and only a little less than Cech or Neuer. So he's already being overpaid.

I don't know what to think of this? The majority of this forum hate on him (before this was made official) and now that he wants to leave you hate on him even more?
He want's to try another club, so what? It's not like Iniesta, Busquets or Messi wants to leave - Valdes will be easy to replace, because most of you thinks he sucks anyway.
So, he gives us half a season so we can find a new goalie and also some cash for him.

Agreed. He doesn't suck as bad as people say he does, but there are better goalies out there, he's definitely replaceable. Like you said, it's not like Messi, Xavi or Iniesta want to leave.

khaled_a_d

Keeper is a big thing in barca.. Valdez was the perfect fit in many aspects. Apart from some mistakes here and there, or easy shots conceded, his ability with the ball primarily and some nice saves on one one secondary, are assets its hard to find on the market.. Casillas, Buffon Nouer could not play for barca for example.. They cannot play with the ball down.
Maybe Van der Saar when he was young could do it.. (and still his reflexes would be less apt than Valdes')

Passing accuracy of the supposed "top 5 goalkeepers" this season:

Hart: 60.7 %
Valdes: 61.7 %
Casillas: 64.9 %
Neuer: 77.2 %
Buffon: 85.6 %

Neuer is doing it with like 100 more passes too btw
The whole VV is fit for barca crap is over analyzes
And VV number is actually below average for a GK ,VV has put many of his long passes out of the bitch since he has been barca no 1 ,he wasn't as good as people making him (not as bad as some makes him too)

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

True. He does not suck as many say but he´s not perfect to barça and world class like others say. Just a good keeper.

raskolnikov

I always though Barca were keeping valdes just cause he is from La Masia and Catalan.
Not that it was the sole reason but it did definitely help him not being sold years ago.
He is a good keeper but not in the Buffon,Chech,Neuer,Casillas league.
Yet Barca are desperate to keep him even planned to offer 10 mil salary, mindblowing actually.

I respect his decision by the way, learning new countries and experience different settings in life is never a bad choice.
Better telling it now than in April or in the summer, there will be plenty of time to look for a solid replacement.
Hopefully a smart choice like Guaita, Ter Steegen, lloris, Courtois or de Gea and not for example Reina just cause he a Barca past.

SoMa

Barcelona had planned to offer goalkeeper Victor Valdes (31) a contract renewal until 2018 worth 10M gross a year. [intereconomia]

not sure i cant belive that...

Hes already on 8 mil gross.

looking at the replies here, why are people here freaking out over 10?

Messi is going to be on 15m net, thats like 30m gross.

Home of Barca Fans