1 - Victor Valdes

footyfan

Calma, calma
Bring back Mou!

mou-goalie.jpg

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Lorris from Tottenham!
and glad valdes is finally leaving.. single handedly cost us the spanish super cup against madrid this season :mad:

M

mitkoa7x

I think we need some German power between the sticks. Big disciplined keeper is the way to go.

Maria

He never said they were advanced, only that they had started and contact had been made. That is to say that they had contacted his agent about wanting to renew his contract.

Zubi:
"Las conversaciones que hemos tenido con su representante y con el van bien encaminadas."
That is to say that not only did he talked with VV and with his agent, but also everything is on the right track. And now he admits that lie by saying that Victor's agent didn't even wanted to talk. I understand why he had to say that, but I'm not sure VV did because hours later Carvajal basically called Zubi a liar in the Madrid press. And that's why I said that everyone acted wrong in this story.

Why wouldn't they sell when ha has clearly said that he is leaving? If they wait until his contract ends, Barça gets no money at all and they have to pay his huge salary for one more season. Not to mention playing 18 months with a GK whose head is not in it anymore.

Lopetegui, Angoy, Busquets, Rustu, Dutruel, Bonano>any sum of money that we could get for Valdes

Although true, I think it's really overstated. The team won't suddenly start losing because the new GK is kicking the ball upfield a few times instead of passing it on the ground. And most goals we allow are from set pieces and breakaways anyway.

I would agree with the 2014 amicable breakup option if his management team had shut their mouth until the summer. But they refused to do so. A simple "I'm concentrating on football right now, we'll have all summer to talk about a new contract" would have done the trick.

Maybe if Zubi wouldn't have made stupid statements in the press(not like RM with Xabi), then Victor's madridista agent would have kept his mouth shut.
I started following Barca during the dark years between Zubi and San Victor...this discussion is bringing back horrible flashbacks of Barca goalkeeping during those years.
Most of the Barcaforum members don't have the same honour, so it's easier for them to say that any Gk would be an improvement to Valdes.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, it does seem to confirm that Carvajal is an agent that is a thorn in the club's side now...and again, he does represent Deulofeu as well

Whatever the case, Victor remaining until 2014 seems fairly untenable - once you make it clear you want out, the club doesn't keep players until their contracts run & play them...I can't see him remaining past this summer, tbh

Passing accuracy of the supposed "top 5 goalkeepers" this season:

Hart: 60.7 %
Valdes: 61.7 %
Casillas: 64.9 %
Neuer: 77.2 %
Buffon: 85.6 %

Neuer is doing it with like 100 more passes too btw
The whole VV is fit for barca crap is over analyzes
And VV number is actually below average for a GK ,VV has put many of his long passes out of the bitch since he has been barca no 1 ,he wasn't as good as people making him (not as bad as some makes him too)

Got the stats for Courtois, ter Stegen, Lloris and De Gea?

Maria

I don't know what to think of this? The majority of this forum hate on him (before this was made official) and now that he wants to leave you hate on him even more?
He want's to try another club, so what? It's not like Iniesta, Busquets or Messi wants to leave - Valdes will be easy to replace, because most of you thinks he sucks anyway.
So, he gives us half a season so we can find a new goalie and also some cash for him.
Exactly, they should be thankfull that Valdes realised how awfull he is and isn't going to accept more money for doing nothing.
Barcelona had planned to offer goalkeeper Victor Valdes (31) a contract renewal until 2018 worth 10M gross a year. [intereconomia]

not sure i cant belive that...

From a chanel that called Messi retarded, said Pep instigated to violence or that he is gay and Barca bought refs you should believe anything..

single handedly cost us the spanish super cup against madrid this season :mad:

I imagine that when Messi leaves there will be cules who will say that he single handedly cost us the CL final in 2012 and that they're happy that they can finally play with a true no. 9..:wub:

Last edited:
This hurts him far more than it does us. Now he gets to earn half of what he would at Barca, while either sitting on the bench or winning fuck all (maybe both). We, on the other hand, could get a better goalie who we pay less (ter Stegen, Lloris and Courtois all earn less than Valdes does).

Barcilliant

Till date we are gaving a great season and Valdes had to throw a spanner into the works. Timing is fucking awful. If the club is smart they will act swiftly and sell him-get another keeper in. I would pay big money for Neuer but Bayern wont sell at any cost. Lloris for 15 million would be good too. Krul???

Valdes simply has to be sold now CAUSE he has created a problem where there was none. I dont think his heart will be in it now. This fiasco was poorly handled by both parties especially VV.

Home of Barca Fans