1 - Victor Valdes

Get ter Stegen and Hummels. Them speaking the same language should partially (but not completely) solve the issue of communication between the goalie and the defense.
Maybe go for Guaita or Courtois instead, since they can speak Spanish. I head de Gea makes a shitload of mistakes, so I'm not sure he's a good idea.

Tomchin

Get ter Stegen and Hummels. Them speaking the same language should partially (but not completely) solve the issue of communication between the goalie and the defense.
Maybe go for Guaita or Courtois instead, since they can speak Spanish. I head de Gea makes a shitload of mistakes, so I'm not sure he's a good idea.
Is Courtois' Spanish that good? I'm Belgian too, and normally here in Belgium we don't learn Spanish. So I guess Courtois only learned Spanish after moving to Madrid. Surely a German can learn Spanish too?

Is Courtois' Spanish that good? I'm Belgian too, and normally here in Belgium we don't learn Spanish. So I guess Courtois only learned Spanish after moving to Madrid. Surely a German can learn Spanish too?

Yeah, but we might want someone who can speak Spanish from the beginning. Ter Stegen would still be a good choice imo though. Especially if we get Hummels as well. I'd say Courtois, Lloris and Ter Stegen are all good choices, each with their pros and cons.

KhaledBarca

BBEAj5BCUAEg6Tr.png:large

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Looking at just the club record Valdes has a better record than Casillas. He's conceding less goals per game despite having played for a team with a poorer defense than Casillas for large parts of his carreer (Oleguer vs Roberto Carlos, anyone?)

Also: Courtois spanish is hugely impressive.

KhaledBarca

Looking at just the club record Valdes has a better record than Casillas. He's conceding less goals per game despite having played for a team with a poorer defense than Casillas for large parts of his carreer (Oleguer vs Roberto Carlos, anyone?)

True...
Even Saves % its 75 for Valdes vs 73 for Casillas in the last 4 seasons !

ShandyFFM

the first goal from sciedad yesterday was like a deja vu... im not sure but i think from this angle we have concede many goals.. alves not making the step and valdes isnt large enought to block the shot in the faw corner...

He's also been playing for a better team overall for the past few years, who have 70%+ ball possession in every game. I don't know how the stats were before 2009 but I'm guessing Casillas had better stats before then. I could be wrong though.

K

Karnivore

Ha! Barca after Courtois? They can do one. He's going to replace Cech (and fairly soon i'd imagine). Impressive young goalkeeper, bargain for £8m, just like Cech was in 2004 at £7m.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He's also been playing for a better team overall for the past few years, who have 70%+ ball possession in every game. I don't know how the stats were before 2009 but I'm guessing Casillas had better stats before then. I could be wrong though.

His defence was better though, and his save percentage isn't better

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Ha! Barca after Courtois? They can do one. He's going to replace Cech (and fairly soon i'd imagine). Impressive young goalkeeper, bargain for £8m, just like Cech was in 2004 at £7m.

Really? Cech still has 5-6 years at top level. Will courtois be loaned all that time? LOL

Home of Barca Fans