1 - Victor Valdes

AvocadoCake

Adler was injured for the majority of the season of 2011/12 and did not have a chance to get his place in goal back ;) And what about Sven Ulreich? If I remember correctly, he was better than Neuer, too.

Adler was injury free towards the very end of the season if i remember correctly, and if Leno was doing okay and not great Adler would have stayed IMO. As for Ulreich, I wasn't watching enough of Stuttgart to tell you, but Neuer was pretty poor TBH (inconsistent, he still had the odd great game).

Really? Cech still has 5-6 years at top level. Will courtois be loaned all that time? LOL

Courtois is already on the same level as Cech IMO (I don't rate Cech as highly as most people seem to), if we get Courtois for 7m then we'd be getting one of the bargains of the season

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Courtois is already on the same level as Cech IMO (I don't rate Cech as highly as most people seem to), if we get Courtois for 7m then we'd be getting one of the bargains of the season

Courtois isn't THAT great either. I mean he makes some acrobatic saves but his save percentage isn't the highest and Atletico's defense does cover him pretty well. Although he's a baby in goalkeeper years so it's not an issue or anything.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Stegen>Leno>Adler>Neuer

Very good reason that Leno displaced Rene as first choice at Bayer, and a very good reason Neuer wasn't even a candidate for Bundesliga GK of the season.
I was not comparinging the keepers' ability there... From the chart, the pass completion ratio of Stegen is better than Adler who's statistic is better than Neuer. Leno has worse statistic than Valdes

loozy

Adler was injury free towards the very end of the season if i remember correctly, and if Leno was doing okay and not great Adler would have stayed IMO. As for Ulreich, I wasn't watching enough of Stuttgart to tell you, but Neuer was pretty poor TBH (inconsistent, he still had the odd great game).

By the time that Adler got fit again, Leverkusen had signed Leno off Stuttgart for good and made it pretty clear to Adler that he would be second best from now on and that they were planning with Leno and not with him. The fans made that pretty clear, too.

Neuer was poor last season, caught out too often and unaware when his defence screws up and he has to make a safe :p I watch a lot of Stuttgart- matches and Ulreich was excellent the last two seasons; this season he has not been as good but still... I've got no idea why Zieler was picked ahead of him for the national team, but then again, Löw's selection policy is questionable anyways ;)

I was not comparinging the keepers' ability there... From the chart, the pass completion ratio of Stegen is better than Adler who's statistic is better than Neuer. Leno has worse statistic than Valdes

Leno had a great first season with Leverkusen and he is still a really good keeper, but not as outstanding as last season, imo.

Last edited:
G

Giannino

He wants to stay until the end of his contract in 2014? Screw you Valdes. Just leave, you f*cked everything up already.

Garrus

He wants to stay until the end of his contract in 2014? Screw you Valdes. Just leave, you f*cked everything up already.
To valdes
35m7st.jpg

poldep

According to Barcastuff Valdes has not planned to leave Barcelona in the summer. He wants to stay until the end of his contract, in June 2014.
Maybe reality has hit his head and now he's getting afraid nobody will want him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not based on this season that's for sure, but still ....

It's not that he's actually horrible, it's that every person in the world who is not a barcelona fan thinks he is the worst goalkeeper on the planet. Seriously i've seen people make jokes that all the Real Madrid players will be sad that Valdes is leaving because it'll be harder to score.

abual3bed1

It's not that he's actually horrible, it's that every person in the world who is not a barcelona fan thinks he is the worst goalkeeper on the planet. Seriously i've seen people make jokes that all the Real Madrid players will be sad that Valdes is leaving because it'll be harder to score.

The same people that say Busquets dose nothing but diving.

Home of Barca Fans