10 - Ansu Fati

Messigician

He missed a total of a month and a half.

If he was a starter/intagrated before November he wouldn't be starting in only 3 games.

We sent him to PL to gain experience in best league in the world ... he gained experience of the PL bench instead.

You say scoring goals, like he scored 20+ !! he scored a total of 4, 2 in the Europa league !

In the PL he started in One game ... One !
And as i said, the opportunity was really their ! two of their best players were injured
Bodied birdy ngl

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

If he was a starter/intagrated before November he wouldn't be starting in only 3 games.

We sent him to PL to gain experience in best league in the world ... he gained experience of the PL bench instead.

You say scoring goals, like he scored 20+ !! he scored a total of 4, 2 in the Europa league !

And as i said, the opportunity was really their ! two of their best players were injured
It's sad, but I have to agree. He can maybe still be backup in Barca, but I doubt it. He's also on a high wage isn't he? When does his contract run out?

Nazario1985

It's sad, but I have to agree. He can maybe still be backup in Barca, but I doubt it. He's also on a high wage isn't he? When does his contract run out?

Something like 12M/y.
The salary itself is not that high but for a player who gave zero football value to the team and same commercially that's a huge L.
You would rather sign a princess like Neymar for 40-50M/y at least you gain some money from him when he is not playing.

He's going to have to take a huge pay cut, as much as I want him to get a chance here theres no way they're not gonna try sign a new LW if we get the money. If we don't have the money he may get a real shot but he's a backup for now (IF we stretch out those goddamn wages)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He's going to have to take a huge pay cut, as much as I want him to get a chance here theres no way they're not gonna try sign a new LW if we get the money. If we don't have the money he may get a real shot but he's a backup for now (IF we stretch out those goddamn wages)
From what I've seen the last 2 seasons he is very far away from even being a backup in Barca. His workrate is 10% that of Raphinha and his skills are 10% of Lewa. If we want to compete in CL and for the LL we can't have scrubs like him - so he either find some of his early form and start fucking running and pressing AND score soma goals or he shouldn't even be on the bench. We're not a "friendship club", we're one of the best football clubs in history of football ffs - 'amigos 2.0' over my dead body! If Ansu doesn't show up and do it well than he can fuck of, so can Torres, Romeu and Rawke.

Nazario1985

Why would he take a pay cut ??
He still have 3 years left on his contract, he would be stupid to do it.
It's not like he knows he gonna turn into a genius footballer at 24 then he'll be worth a 100M/y ...
No the bulk of the money he is going to have in his career Laporta gave it to him upfront so ..

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
But for now, it's better we keep him - nobody would take him of our hands even if we pay 50% of his wages... and if we have to pay like 75% it's better he stays here and tries his luck here. But yeah, for now lower table Portuguese league is his level - on a good day :rolleyes: Rawke runs around like crazy with 0 talent, at least we know Ansu have SOME talent so why doesn't he fucking work like crazy? Does he have some illusion he can do what Messi did just because we gave him the nr 10 shirt? Walk around until he gets a pass or something? Ffs mate, press and work like your life depend on it!

Birdy

1) I didn't say he was a starter,
I said he had began getting integrated into the team and their tactics by De Zerbi.
If you look at the minutes, he was getting subbed on in EPL games at min.60-70' initially, then gradually earlier, and he was starting midweek UEL games
He had good games those months, like vs Ajax twice and vs City the league

If that trajectory had continued, and he kept improving, he could see becoming a starter by Jan or so

2) Then (late Nov.) he got injured, and by the time he was ok to play again, it was February, their team had found solid tactics/ automatisms already mid-season w/o him.
By then it is always much harder to break into and get integrated than at the beginning of the season, and that holds for every player. Injured ones who stay out for a while lose their spots to others, and they have to regain it. Teams usually roll around that time of the season. If you are not part of it by then, your are essentially marginal until the end of the season.

3) Finally, Mitoma and Pedro got both injured for long in February.
That is around the time Ansu was just back from the absence, and practically outside of the tactics/automatisms De Zerbi had been building

PS: All the narratives that Ansu was done by the injury alone is heavily exaggerated and biased.
His no1 problem right now and since 2022 is his plummeted confidence, not some supposedly irreversible damage the injury did.
If you watched him play this season, you know his problem is not physique or lack of skills.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
1) I didn't say he was a starter,
I said he had began getting integrated into the team and their tactics by De Zerbi.
If you look at the minutes, he was getting subbed on in EPL games at min.60-70' initially, then gradually earlier, and he was starting midweek UEL games
He had good games those months, like vs Ajax twice and vs City the league

If that trajectory had continued, and he kept improving, he could see becoming a starter by Jan or so

2) Then (late Nov.) he got injured, and by the time he was ok to play again, it was February, their team had found solid tactics/ automatisms already mid-season w/o him.
By then it is always much harder to break into and get integrated than at the beginning of the season, and that holds for every player. Injured ones who stay out for a while lose their spots to others, and they have to regain it. Teams usually roll around that time of the season. If you are not part of it by then, your are essentially marginal until the end of the season.

That is around the time Ansu was just back from the absence, and practically outside of the tactics/automatisms De Zerbi had been building

PS: All the narratives that Ansu was done by the injury alone is heavily exaggerated and biased.
His no1 problem right now and since 2022 is his plummeted confidence, not some supposedly irreversible damage the injury did.
If you watched him play this season, you know his problem is not physique or lack of skills.
I disagree. Yes his problem is confidence, but imo injuries play a very big part of how he plays and whether he runs, press or go into a tackle etc. Dude has had 4 serious operations, of course he is cautious - and you can't be cautious in top flight football. Easy as that...

Nazario1985

That's just impossible, no coach in the world would have two of his best midfielders out, then scramble something waiting for the season to end and will say no to any decent player he got hand on !!

Let's chart that trajectory of minutes played Before the injury, which is anything but a trajectory proving the coach confidence improving

1717745469538.png

It's clear De Zerbi never wanted him as a starter in the PL, bur rather a squad player who can rest others for Europa & FA cup.

And now we are talking about FC Barcelona, so either we'll have to put our standards lower than "Brighton & Hove Albion" in order to accept that this kind of player have any meaningful addition to the team or he has to remarkably transform himself ...

By this standard Dembélé is a club legend !

Messigician

That's just impossible, no coach in the world would have two of his best midfielders out, then scramble something waiting for the season to end and will say no to any decent player he got hand on !!

Let's chart that trajectory of minutes played Before the injury, which is anything but a trajectory proving the coach confidence improving

View attachment 10383

It's clear De Zerbi never wanted him as a starter in the PL, bur rather a squad player who can rest others for Europa & FA cup.

And now we are talking about FC Barcelona, so either we'll have to put our standards lower than "Brighton & Hove Albion" in order to accept that this kind of player have any meaningful addition to the team or he has to remarkably transform himself ...

By this standard Dembélé is a club legend !
Good post I am more convinced of your argument

khaled_a_d

Fati is done sadly, a meniscus + hamstring + calf injuries is just too much to overcome tbh. His body isn't what it once was and he lost those fine margins that makes a player capable of making a difference. He is more of a Munir/Sandro now than a Barca player

vegitot

Truth is that he is not even rated by De Zerbi (top coach by birdy :lol:) and can't hack into Brighton squad.

He may have a pre season to convince Flick but i don't think he will continue next season. The board also don't rate him.

Home of Barca Fans