10 - Ansu Fati

Loki

There is also the marketing issue with the #10. Pretty sure Barca would like to give the 10 to Yamal by now, to push the kit sales.

Birdy

That's just impossible, no coach in the world would have two of his best midfielders out, then scramble something waiting for the season to end and will say no to any decent player he got hand on !!

Let's chart that trajectory of minutes played Before the injury, which is anything but a trajectory proving the coach confidence improving

View attachment 10383

It's clear De Zerbi never wanted him as a starter in the PL, bur rather a squad player who can rest others for Europa & FA cup.

And now we are talking about FC Barcelona, so either we'll have to put our standards lower than "Brighton & Hove Albion" in order to accept that this kind of player have any meaningful addition to the team or he has to remarkably transform himself ...

By this standard Dembélé is a club legend !

1) I didn't say he had to scramble something. I said other people were by then into Brighton's rotations other than Fati. When Pedro and Mitoma were out, the first ones to get the nod were them and not someone who had just started training after 3 months out.
Doesn't it sound reasonable to you?

2) The chart is misleading.
Because it includes only EPL games, and not the midweek ones where he was starting most of the times
And it doesn't take into account other factors. For instance, the Oct. 8th game where he didn't play was against Liverpool, and De Zerbi had a special plan that day which could not accommodate Ansu

3) Then, it's again reasonable that De Zerbi did not make him a starter.
A player that arrived at the very end of the window, with EPL already started, not having done pre-season with them.
No coach in the world would make him a starter, unless we are talking about prime Messi or that level
De Zerbi wanted him, pushed for him, and it is obvious he had a plan for him that was much more than filling a seat on the bench

4) I say, let the kid have preseason under Flick. Let Flick see his level, let him assess what he can get of him.
If Flick decides to keep him, then he knows better and he thinks the can revive the player

5) @khaled_a_d so much doom and gloom. We are talking about a kid that is still 21, how can you say with such certainty that he is done, when so many players had this injury and came back.
Look at VVD for instance.
Even R9 with with knee totally destroyed could come back and conquer the world again.
Why everyone here immediately thinks of Umtiti?
Who by the way was the guy that refused to get surgery and undermined himself his long-term prognosis

Iniesta Ultra

He def deserves a chance with Yamal, wow didn't realize his highlights would be that good. I posted in the past he was disillusioned with gimpball, so hoping he'll work out with Flick if he's honest about incorporating our dna.

Gnidrologist

I say give kid a chance. Especially for a club with these circumstances, we can't afford to sniff at players that are not 100% sure deal, especially, when they are in our possession and can't be sold for any decent money anyway. I don't believe he is as "finished" as many negative nancies say. There are usually one or two posters with elaborate negative views on this or that players and then whole bunch of NPCs jumping on the bandwagon of "he's finished lol" without any thought or reason. In this i support Birdy. You need to be less categorical with these young unproven, but high potential players. Can never know.

Fatis skills, when in good form, are invaluable, especially for club like ours that always lack clinical finishers and shooters of the ball in general. Let's see what Flick can do to his confidence and tactical astuteness and also the condition of his physicality. We have literally nothing to lose by keeping him for the next season. If he fails hard, then fcourse, seek remedy in transfers or loans.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm all for giving him one last chance but that chance is heavily reliant on consistent minutes. Can we really afford giving Ansu consistent minutes as a starter when his form most definitely is down the gutters after his bench season. Loan him out is the only option. He needs to play. When was the last time he played two 90 minutes in a row?

vegitot

BBZ needs to watch that compilation
Watch the comp. Nothing much special honestly.

I think he will have a pre season. If he want a chance, he must put more than 100% effort. Club is trying to buy a new LW and probably keep Felix. So Fati's chance is slim.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

My advice: Keep Ansu and loan Vitor 💯🔥🔥

The pressure he gets with 18 at Barca is not benefical for his development, let him play at a smaller club so he can come back as a lion 🦁

Nello

Wasn’t Sevilla interested in a loan? That could be an interesting option. Like others have said, he needs to play full games regularly and regain confidence, fitness. Sub appearances won’t cut it anymore, and he’s not replacing Raphinha or Yamal.

Porque

Nah, let him have his recovery season elsewhere with them burdoning a year of the wage.

Pains to say, but Felix gave the squad more last season than Ansu would have.

Home of Barca Fans