10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danumber10

Don't know what game you guys were watching but other than the assist and goal Messi had a poor game, his decision making was horrific and was very selfish at times.
I don't care how many average dribbles per game he had but to call his dribbling tonight 'Messi standard' is an insult to Messi. He was dispossessed countless times, and his dribbles weren't anything near his standards.

Regardless, despite his poor play he still provided a perfectly weighted through ball for the goal and finished his toughest chance to score the 2nd.

That's why he is the best player in the world, he can suck all game but his sheer quality and talent is enough to decide game on its own.

thank GOD I wasn't the only one watching the game!
++++++100000000000

D

danumber10

he lost it ,& this is the real messi u see now
NO WAY. I know Messi and this is not the Messi I know. Right now I see him as an average player ( Many people would think that a gol and 1 assist in a game is pretty good) But he's really below his standard. The Messi I knew was exciting to watch. This Messi loses the ball all the time. Poor finish ( I have always rated other players above Messi when it comes to finishing ) but I still think his finishing has been very poor. He's had 2 one on one situations that I can think of where he has failed alone with the keeper. (villareal, last night's game)

D

danumber10

The fact that he has been sub-par in the last month doesn't meen that he didn't had a good game tonight..
And about his dribles..he had 93 succesful ones in the first 19 games of La Liga..the second best was 36..so if Messi is a bad dribbler, I don't know how the other footballers are.
I just don't know. Maybe it's b.c we are so used to Messi doing something magical but lately he's looked average to me. I'm not saying Messi is a bad dribbler but If you look at the last 2 games, I can't even think one time where the dribbled at least 2 or 3 players . He carried the ball to the end and lost it. He failed in so many counter attacks. Very unlikely of him.

D

danumber10

And I explained a couple of days ago why this is. See here: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/9-10-Lionel-Messi?p=737155&viewfull=1#post737155

His finishing has been below his standards. His general plays hasn't. Assisted, scored, created several more chances. Messi at his best is so unreal that people think he's shit once he's just at 70 %, although in reality Messi @ 70 % is still the best player in the world.
Thanks for those stats! Yes, you are right. Messi has reached a level that even scoring a goal and having 1 assist is still average to his fans hahaha

Clockwise

Buccaneer
NO WAY. I know Messi and this is not the Messi I know. Right now I see him as an average player ( Many people would think that a gol and 1 assist in a game is pretty good) But he's really below his standard. The Messi I knew was exciting to watch. This Messi loses the ball all the time. Poor finish ( I have always rated other players above Messi when it comes to finishing ) but I still think his finishing has been very poor. He's had 2 one on one situations that I can think of where he has failed alone with the keeper. (villareal, last night's game)

well Leo has not been playing up to his standards, but calling it average is not a fair assessment. This 50% Messi is still capable of changing a game on his own in blink of an eye so easily that it takes a replay to get what he actually saw and analyzed and played in such tight situations. only one or two players can do such things and yet not on the same consistent basis that Leo does. That's far from average. Actually average Messi (according to his own standards) is still the best player in the world. his finishing has been poor in the last game but only in the last game imo because we made loads of chances. we've been very poor in creating chances recently, so we can't blame him for not scoring non existent chances.

K

kroki223

I just don't know. Maybe it's b.c we are so used to Messi doing something magical but lately he's looked average to me. I'm not saying Messi is a bad dribbler but If you look at the last 2 games, I can't even think one time where the dribbled at least 2 or 3 players . He carried the ball to the end and lost it. He failed in so many counter attacks. Very unlikely of him.

I saw against Villareal, when he dribbled two players. At the beginning. Your expectations are too high. His play isn't average.

abual3bed1

420064_317358238301703_276981009006093_775910_746582710_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans