10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Ray Hudson

"It's like blasphemy criticizing Lionel Messi, because it takes a thousand Steinways to reproduce one note of his."

Messi miscontrols the ball. "I think it's the beard. You gotta shave that thing off, Leo. Putting his balance all out of whack."

"Of all the jewels in the Aladdin's cave of Barcelona, the Koh-i-Noor diamond is Leo, but never, ever is rested." Phil: "Diamonds are tough"

Henry_IB

Banned
He had a medicore game last night which still means he shows glimpses of brillance to help us win but not anywhere near his best. Atrocious finishing and a few moments of being too selfish.

And people saying "But he did 6 dribbles last night, he usually only averages 5.1" - I am not completely sure how they count dribbles, so if he dribbled 6 times in midfield and failed all in the final third that's quite poor regardless. Yesterday he chose to dribble at situations where he really shouldn't. There were times where he tired to move though 4-5 defenders stacked up and although they were a few times he was actually somewhat close to succeeding, he could have done better by passing the ball there. Not saying he should stop dribbling, but to make better judgements when to dribble.

He's still #1, but not his old self atm, not sure if it is due to fatigue, personal issues or loss of motivation, I just hope whatever it is it'll pass soon.

Maria

He had a medicore game last night which still means he shows glimpses of brillance to help us win but not anywhere near his best. Atrocious finishing and a few moments of being too selfish.

His finishing has been poor all season and that must be criticized..but I believe it's to much to say he had a mediocre game..mediocre was against Betis and atrocious against Espanyol.

And people saying "But he did 6 dribbles last night, he usually only averages 5.1" - I am not completely sure how they count dribbles, so if he dribbled 6 times in midfield and failed all in the final third that's quite poor regardless. Yesterday he chose to dribble at situations where he really shouldn't. There were times where he tired to move though 4-5 defenders stacked up and although they were a few times he was actually somewhat close to succeeding, he could have done better by passing the ball there. Not saying he should stop dribbling, but to make better judgements when to dribble.

If I prezented those stats is not because he blown my mind last night, but rather because we must put things in perspective and because someone was saying that his passing was poor(which was not) and that he didn't dribled at all. What he needs to improve is his decision making and try to be less selfish.

He's still #1, but not his old self atm, not sure if it is due to fatigue, personal issues or loss of motivation, I just hope whatever it is it'll pass soon.

A journalist who is pretty close to Pep and the club and knows how our physical preparation is done has wrote yesterday after the game that Leo is our most tired player..the problem is that Pep can't afford to rest him..with Villa out, with Iniesta, Pedro and Alexis who are playing 2 games and they get injured again , with Xavi who has problems at his Soleus muscle, we need someone with experience next to Thiago, Cesc, Tello and Cuenca.
I really don't know how he(and the team) is going to resist in the next 4 games(Valencia, Osasuna away, Bayer way and Valencia again).

Clockwise

Buccaneer
His finishing has been poor all season and that must be criticized..but I believe it's to much to say he had a mediocre game..mediocre was against Betis and atrocious against Espanyol.

If I prezented those stats is not because he blown my mind last night, but rather because we must put things in perspective and because someone was saying that his passing was poor(which was not) and that he didn't dribled at all. What he needs to improve is his decision making and try to be less selfish.

A journalist who is pretty close to Pep and the club and knows how our physical preparation is done has wrote yesterday after the game that Leo is our most tired player..the problem is that Pep can't afford to rest him..with Villa out, with Iniesta, Pedro and Alexis who are playing 2 games and they get injured again , with Xavi who has problems at his Soleus muscle, we need someone with experience next to Thiago, Cesc, Tello and Cuenca.
I really don't know how he(and the team) is going to resist in the next 4 games(Valencia, Osasuna away, Bayer way and Valencia again).

:worthy: Maria and your posts :)

I just hope we grind out the needed points in the next matches

Last edited:

Henry_IB

Banned

1: We could argue whether he had a good game or not, 1 assist and 1 goal is never a bad game. I said medicore when looking at the chances he was presented with, he could easily have gotten 3-4 goals.

2: The dribbling part wasn't directed towards you specifically, if my memory doesn't fail me there were others who used the 6 successful dribbles as a way of saying he had a good game. His passing has definitely not been poor, if anything his passing and vision are better than last season. And as I said, and you, the decision making has to be better and he needs to be a bit less selfish.

3: Could you link to the article the journalist wrote? Very interesting. And the next 4 games will be very interesting indeed.

ammarfcb

ze special one
420064_317358238301703_276981009006093_775910_746582710_n.jpg

who's that bitch hugging Christian 'speedy gonzales' Tello

Last edited:

Clks

I think it is actually kind of funny that he scored the most difficult of all his chances yesterday. Any other day, he would've walked out with 4-5 goals. He is either physically or mentally exhausted, i hope he finds his form soon because we don't have the luxury of resting him with so many injuries.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Good stuff, Maria...Yeah, all the more reason Leo needs the help of his teammates more than they have provided thus far...Players need to step up and lessen the burden on Messi...And if they aren't going to step up, I know a kid Tello who will

B

beautifulgame

Good stuff, Maria...Yeah, all the more reason Leo needs the help of his teammates more than they have provided thus far...Players need to step up and lessen the burden on Messi...And if they aren't going to step up, I know a kid Tello who will

Real talk. Tello has a quiet confidence about him that is so freaking refreshing right now as the rest of the attack/midfield is going through a difficult time.

D

danumber10

well Leo has not been playing up to his standards, but calling it average is not a fair assessment. This 50% Messi is still capable of changing a game on his own in blink of an eye so easily that it takes a replay to get what he actually saw and analyzed and played in such tight situations. only one or two players can do such things and yet not on the same consistent basis that Leo does. That's far from average. Actually average Messi (according to his own standards) is still the best player in the world. his finishing has been poor in the last game but only in the last game imo because we made loads of chances. we've been very poor in creating chances recently, so we can't blame him for not scoring non existent chances.
That's what I've been meaning that even though Messi is not at his highest level he can still accomplish great things. The Average Messi is the best player in the world. The Best Messi is not the best player in the world because he's not of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans