Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
In 40 years time

425364_370837779601517_126998777318753_1484045_463859707_n.jpg

B

barcelonista

Rewatched the Argentina game. He actually had better performances where he didn't score. Misplaced shitloads of passes. Didn't create too much. Profited from 2 major defensive fuckups from Switzerland. His teammates still can't read his movements. When he's dribbling through the middle for Barcelona, our wingers always make runs into the box so they can get at the end of a Messi throughball. For Argentina no one makes a run. They stand still and watch Messi run into the box on his own. Messi's looking for a pass but no one's making himself available. Worse of all. Sabella said he was pleased with his team's performances yesterday. Well, good luck then for the next World Cup.

dalitis8

Banned
Messi is tired, that is why he was given 4 days off.

I care little about his performances with Argentina. They are hopeless. Instead of playing in a way to aid Messi, they are in fact making it worse for him.

Leo is wasting his time and energy with them.

Maria

Rewatched the Argentina game. He actually had better performances where he didn't score. Misplaced shitloads of passes. Didn't create too much. Profited from 2 major defensive fuckups from Switzerland. His teammates still can't read his movements. When he's dribbling through the middle for Barcelona, our wingers always make runs into the box so they can get at the end of a Messi throughball. For Argentina no one makes a run. They stand still and watch Messi run into the box on his own. Messi's looking for a pass but no one's making himself available. Worse of all. Sabella said he was pleased with his team's performances yesterday. Well, good luck then for the next World Cup.

I agree..but it seems that for most people the goals are the only thing that matter.
When they play against a better team than Switzerland, all that it has to be done is to isolate Messi and Kun and atack them(because inspite of playing with 8 defensive players, Argentina still doesn't know how to deffend). It's really pathetic..even my national team tries to atack sometimes with 10 players. Argentina does it with only 2/3 players. And if they win some matches it's inspite of their coaches and because Messi and Kun/Higuain are special players.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
yeah, there's no doubt he's had a slow couple of months.

damn shame.

The fact that Messi is playing extremely well does not mean that he is not tired, or that he is not at risk of exhausting himself. It's not that he is running 12 km each game.

A well rested Messi can play even better (it's scary I know) than what he has been in the past two months.

I can promise you that.

Llorente and Cristiano have the same stats, yet one is viewed as a number 9 and the other as midfielder/winger who is just as creative as Messi. :lol:

Take away his penaldos, and CR7 would be in serious trouble.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The fact that Messi is playing extremely well does not mean that he is not tired, or that he is not at risk of exhausting himself. It's not that he is running 12 km each game.

A well rested Messi can play even better (it's scary I know) than what he has been in the past two months.

I can promise you that.

I don't disagree, but it's so ludicrous and spoiled to complain about 17 goals and 6 assists in what have been two difficult months for the club.

Trillske

started? everything good that comes out of that mediocre team comes from him.
Just cuz he doesn't score doesn't mean he didn't deliver before. Besides, most of the goals this team scores are directly created or crafted by him.
I think he has been pretty mediocre historicaly. Not *bad*, but far from the world beater he is supposed to be with his set of skills.

Maria

I think he has been pretty mediocre historicaly. Not *bad*, but far from the world beater he is supposed to be with his set of skills.

Historicaly, Messi has been Argentina's only creative source since 2008..was he at the same level that he showed with Barcelona? No. But just because he didn't scored as many goals, it doesn't mean he was mediocre(last year he had 10 assist+4 goal/13 matches for Argentina). Scoring a goal(not to mention a hattrick) with a midfield formed by Mascherano-Brana-Sosa-Maxi Rodriguez has 10 times the value of his hattrick against Malaga scored when he was playing with Busi-Thiago-Iniesta behind him.
If you watch Argentina's game from yesterday, you will see why they won't win everything. There is too much mediocrity on the bench and on the pitch. Spain's U-21 team plays better football than they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans