10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
If Madrid go on to win the league and Barcelona do not win the CL (seems impossible at this point), Messi might not win the Ballon D'or. Ronaldo has his best chance this year to take it away from him, not because he is actually a better player but because he would have won more this year than Messi.

If Ronaldo wins the CL and League (far fetched, but not impossible) then he'd win it for sure.

ricknattery

If Madrid go on to win the league and Barcelona do not win the CL (seems impossible at this point), Messi might not win the Ballon D'or. Ronaldo has his best chance this year to take it away from him, not because he is actually a better player but because he would have won more this year than Messi.

If Ronaldo wins the CL and League (far fetched, but not impossible) then he'd win it for sure.

Not even when Sneijder had a sextuple plus WC final he could took away Messi's trophy. This Messi is even a better player, with an even higher status. When Messi drops the level a lot(not Barcelona trophies wise) only then other players have a chance to take the trophy away from him

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
scaled.php

Messi :worthy:

X

xaviniesta

btw, ballon dor is for the best player not for the player who wins most trophies.

messi won the ballon dor in 09/10 becuase he was the best player. and any inter players didn't win it because they played like crap, although won more titles.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Wait, what?

Look at it this way, with Messi's stats/trophies already this calendar year, it would take one heroic individual performance from someone in CL/EC to trump Leo in that respect. Even still, that person wouldn't just walk away with it when you have Messi (undoubtedly the BEST player on Earth [physically, lyrically, hypothetically, realistically] by a mile). So saying Leo will "only" win the Ballon D'Or this year with CL just says that you are underestimating what he has already done. Historic stuff to boot.

i would vote on messi every time but why do u think people value the world cup? because it is broadcasted and followed by the entire football community at the same time.
Next best thing (allthough higher quality imo) that has that exposure is the EK and the Champions League. Whoever shines there wins it... but of course with Messi you never know...like what he did in 2010 taking it from xavi/iniesta. Semi finals/final will count in the CL; same for EK. Messi doesnt play EK. Thus whats left? CL. 5 goals against BL wont give him a ballon dor. However, if he keeps it up its all his.

F

Flavia

Messi: “I don't play to be the best player in the history of the sport”

Anna Segura

03/12/2012 14:34

The Argentinian, who is on the verge of breaking César’s Club-high goalscoring record, said that he plays “for the team, for the people and for myself”

On Guardiola’s possible contract extension, “it would be difficult to find a manager that can accomplish what Guardiola has”

Messi's solidarity

Leo Messi made these statements during the unveiling of a project that aims to renovate the multi-sport facility in Barcelona’s Bon Pastor neighborhood. The project is sponsored by his foundation and EA Sports. The Argentinian is pleased to be working for “children that need it the most.”

Leo Messi is only five goals away from equalising the Club’s all-time top goalscorer record set by César (235 goals in official matches). Despite being on the verge of reaching this historic milestone, the Argentine is calm and composed, “I’m not setting any deadlines to do it,” he said. Having the ball at his feet makes him happy, he simply doesn’t focus on anything else: “I don’t play to be the best footballer of all time. I play to do things well. First, I play for my team, then for the people and then for myself,” said Barça’s Nº 10. He added, “I feel good when things work out.”

Messi has scored seven goals in four days, five against Bayer 04 Leverkusen and two against Racing Santander. His five-goal performance against the Germans earned him worldwide praise from press and football players alike. “It’s a beautiful thing that colleagues from other clubs talk about me in this manner. From here, I thank them,” said Messi.

“Guardiola is more important than me”

When the Argentine was asked who the most important figure was for the first team, himself or Guardiola, the player was clear: “Guardiola is more important than I am for Barça. From the moment he arrived he changed everything for us. He’s won everything that he’s won. For me Guardiola has been fundamental in this FC Barcelona project.”

Messi also talked about the manager’s possible contract extension. “We want Guardiola to continue for everyone’s good. It would be very difficult to find another manager that can accomplish what he has, what he’s won and how he’s made this team play.”

Continue with a winning mentality

Messi knows that it will be very difficult to overturn the 10-point advantage that Real Madrid currently have over Barça, but the player believes that the team needs to remain ambitious until the end of the season: “we have to try and win all the games we have left. There are still important things to play for. For our good, we have to continue with this mentality.”

The player said that all this talk about referees “has hurt everybody.” He went on to say that the reason Barça has won so many titles is because the team earned them. “We’ve been recognised as the best team in the world, and for some people, the best team in the history of the sport.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans