10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

i would vote on messi every time but why do u think people value the world cup? because it is broadcasted and followed by the entire football community at the same time.
Next best thing (allthough higher quality imo) that has that exposure is the EK and the Champions League. Whoever shines there wins it... but of course with Messi you never know...like what he did in 2010 taking it from xavi/iniesta. Semi finals/final will count in the CL; same for EK. Messi doesnt play EK. Thus whats left? CL. 5 goals against BL wont give him a ballon dor. However, if he keeps it up its all his.
I find that less and less people are valuing the WC for the very reason we are discussing here. People are finding that with players like Messi and CR who are smashing records left and right, the rules have to be rewritten. Messi can stop scoring right now and still be a serious candidate for this years Ballon D' Or just based on his accomplishments thus far. There is no denying that. Same with CR I mean as much as I dislike his character, the guy is a freak on the pitch. What does he have 44-45 goals this season??? Freakish...

X

xaviniesta

seriously guys what is wrong with you? messi doesn't win the ballon dor because he scores a lot of goals. and nobody should win it because he wins something. its for the best player for the year award. take off all the gold and silver off your shoulder and then you see who shines the most.

this award is a disgrace anyway becuase owen and cannavaor have won it and xavi hasn't.

Pepe Silvia

messi doesn't win the ballon dor because he scores a lot of goals. and nobody should win it because he wins something. its for the best player for the year award.
How would you determine best player of the year award if you take away stats and trophies? Aren't those the two measuring sticks that officials use to judge who will win the award after all?

X

xaviniesta

How would you determine best player of the year award if you take away stats and trophies? Aren't those the two measuring sticks that officials use to judge who will win the award after all?

are you kidding me????

we already have trophies based on statistics. it's called the pichichis and zamoras and others. you seriously mean that the guy who has the 'best stats' should win the best player award`??

and thing that i hate. people are alwyas saying how many goals messi scores and which records he breaks and this and that. but the goalscoring is not why he is the best player atm. he is not another gerd muller or emile heskey or cristiano ronaldo who score a lot of goals. are you guys for real? i mean have do you even watch the games or are you so much into the statistics and not even bother to enjoy what messi does on the pitch? if he'd score just as many goals as xavi or iniesta does he would be just as good as those two and those 3 would still be above anybody else atm.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Messi is 2nd player ever to score 50+ goals at European top club in 2 consecutive seasons, after Muller (Bayern 71-73)

He's breaking so many records of that legendary Muller.

TBH I always wanted us to sign his son, would have made a crazy combination with Messi. But Cesc has taken his place now :( Sad because Muller and Messi would be even more devastating

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Surpassing Real Madrid's Santamaria (208), Messi is now the player who needed least games (202) to reach 150 Liga wins

Another Madridista record = Blown :lol:

Pepe Silvia

are you kidding me????

we already have trophies based on statistics. it's called the pichichis and zamoras and others. you seriously mean that the guy who has the 'best stats' should win the best player award`??
I wouldn't say exclusively that one factor carries more weight than the other, I'd say it's a balanced combination of the two.

As far as stats are concerned, goals and assists are the two main ones but there are other very telling stats like dribbles completed, passes completed, pass accuracy, goal scoring rate, etc. that can provide an accurate depiction of player productivity. What other measurements would you consider to determine player of the year award? If they are things like dribbling, accuracy, goals scored in Finals, game winning goals/assists etc, those can all be determined as statistics too. Something to consider when downplaying the value of a well rounded stat sheet.

X

xaviniesta

I wouldn't say exclusively that one factor carries more weight than the other, I'd say it's a balanced combination of the two.

As far as stats are concerned, goals and assists are the two main ones but there are other very telling stats like dribbles completed, passes completed, pass accuracy, goal scoring rate, etc. that can provide an accurate depiction of player productivity. What other measurements would you consider to determine player of the year award? If they are things like dribbling, accuracy, goals scored in Finals, game winning goals/assists etc, those can all be determined as statistics too. Something to consider when downplaying the value of a well rounded stat sheet.

ammarfcb

ze special one
messi in goal.

420139_371041659595764_206187566081175_1157516_1862744236_n.jpg

and they say he's not complete.

valdes - sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans