10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
can't say it was his best performance, dribbiling great, passing bit sloppy here and there could have been a bit smarter is some places,great goal great work to get 2nd goal and overall 7.5imo

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Excellent match from Messi. Could of scored more if the keeper wasn't so good. You guys are really lucky to have a player like him in your ranks. He's just what we need for our midfield, not that that's ever gonna happen.

LOL?

He's just what every team needs

Zincubus

Banned
can't say it was his best performance, dribbiling great, passing bit sloppy here and there could have been a bit smarter is some places,great goal great work to get 2nd goal and overall 7.5imo

True - he wasn't himself to be sure.

Nice comments from Marco van Basten while commenting on the game, i already knew he was a big Messi fan but tonight he said this:

"Messi belongs in the same bracket as Maradona and Cruijff"

He also said that many people see it as a crime to compare players who haven't quit football yet to those legends, but that we should make an exception for Messi, he is one level above the rest in today's football.

zanela

Zincubus, r u dutch?
I was watching a dutch channel yesterday on my stream & it had van basten doing the analysis of the game. Perhaps, the same channel?

T

Trillske

Im no barca expert, didnt watch more than 6-7 games last year. Missed most of the CL-games where I hear Messi was awesome. Seen all of them so far this year though, and based on what I´ve seen so far Xavi definatly outshines Messi.
Messi is totaly incredible the times he does things right, a level above most anyone else. But he has done too much dumb stuff as well. Running with his head first into a wall of defenders instead of giving an easy pass to an open player beeing the most obvious things. But overall just not even enough that I would put him at a definite number 1.

Should I compare him with Xavi, I´d say I havent seen Xavi do a bad move yet (have I missed something?). Hes been a rock, even though he does hard things as well.

Messi is the more spectaculair, but that just makes Xavis work a little bit harder to spot. When messi runs through 4 defenders, it doesnt mather if it was the right choice or not; it still looks awesome and unique when it works.

On the other hand, as I tone down the awesome messis performance, I realize what an excellent team this has been so far.

Zincubus

Banned
Na ... A Brit who supports Barca with Arsenal as a second team : )

They play the best football in the WORLD ... I believe .

Also support Spain and Brasil national teams ..... shock horror !!

T

Trillske

Watch Barca then, don't criticise when you have barely seen any games. What teams do you support ?
I guess my total of games lately would be like 14-15 or something. I think thats enough for a quick evaluation. If we have to wait for 200 games, how much fun would this forum be and why is the Zlatan-thread even open for discussion?

I know its a nono to critizise Messi for anything at all, but frankly im not the person to care much about nono´s. :)

I dont generally support any clubs, although I like some more than others so I always have a favorite in any given game, and also sympatize with a lot of players. Messi has dropped in my eyes when I´ve followed him closer than the amazing highlights he creates over and over. I guess he has looked a bit... "not smart". /ducks
Nothing that says this will [edit: not] change when I´ve seen him more though.

Also note that by "dropped" I mean "still incredibly good". Just think Xavi have impressed me more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans