10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i think they both were trying to find each other with some balls, but they were just not reaching the target tonight everyone was passing badly comepared to usualy tonight

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
there were couple times that he was running through the middle, ibra on his side, but he went solo. but true the tactics today were kinda strange. if messi was playing in the center i would expect him to be more of a playmaker than trying to go solo.

ryuken

He is really off this game, and to some extent, since the Kyiv game, sometimes he completely ignore ibra and try to dribble and some time his passes are not good enough and got intercepted. Strange tactic by Pep though, Ibra is a titan but we didnt play much long ball to him.

diegomessi

didnt play enough long ball? i think rafa hit a long ball every time he touched it ibra could not hold up play or get anything to his feet... everyone played less then what they are capable of. i still do not understand why Messi did not try going from the right like always... dani alves was completely nullified by there left back (he was to quick to be beaten) so i assume that is why messi did not bother going over there

ryuken

It can be a part of the tactic, and the long balls from Marquez ? I can only count the time they reach Ibra with 1 hand, every other will go to the left and fail miserably.

diegomessi

pep tried something new this game.... they man marked inesta and xavi so messi pushed into the center and left dani alves on his own doing down the right the left back pretty much neutralized dani and i though pedro did very good for himself he scored a golazo and the winner FFS Messi gave a few away that he usually dosent but he was still a menace to them all night... ibra just could not win a 50/50 ball which he usually does and he had a few chances to beat a player and have a go but for some reason it just was not his night i thought sergi Busquets did fantastic and puyol was a Monster that was amazing that he did not let Piatti in after that mistake

also let me add ALong ball is not Barça's style and just bc we have ibra the style is not going to be changed bc this is a Barça team who has stuck to the same style for as long as i have been on this planet

ryuken

Well their chance at the end of the game look really dangerous but lucky for us their forwards cant do well :D

And since Xavi and Ini got marked so tightly and they park the bus, we should try long ball, and i think that is the part of the reason why we bought Ibra, i think every weaker teams will park the bus against us, and when we are not our usual self we will have to find new things.

Anyway, i sensed that luck was not on our side last night when the freaking ball hit the post 2 times T_T

Last edited:

diegomessi

i did not think our defense was bad today however.. just a lil unlucky and Piatti is a fantastic player

G.J

V.H. 4 life
What part of Sergio's game did you find fantastic? Did fuck all going forward, mispassed all over the place, and lost the ball on many occasions. Please, we want the old Sergio back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans