10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

so you think it is good for the confidence of youngsters making their first starts int he first team to get told off and shouted at for a mistake by one of their heroes?

I think it's fine to have a word with them and tell them what to do next time. not to just have a mini tirade at them waving arms about red faced.

that is just me. if you think it has no effect on confidence of youngsters, then that is your opinion.

Messi has become a leader for Barcelona. He has carried this team on his back time and time again, especially this season with the rest of the squad suffering so many injuries. Therefore he is under increased pressure to conduct the flow of the game.

There is a difference between throwing a hissy fit and scolding a player for making bad decisions. Messi is just keeping the youngsters on their toes. Having grown up watching the english premier league seeing behaviour like that is perfectly normal. Been shouting at by Messi is nothing, try getting a scolding from Peter Schmeichel or Roy keane back in their prime.

Maria

Puyol is not shouting at young lads just coming into the first team that need confidence and encouragement.

I'll apologize if I see Puyol going red faced shouting at Tello, Cuenca or Montoya for making a mistake.

It is not good for the fledging confidence of youngsters that are playing for their first few times in the first team.

Puyol was shouting at Pique from the first moment he arrived in Barcelona..and what about Xavi and Iniesta correcting Thiago during a game..or even Pedro shouting at Tello in Barcelona-Bayer? Or those don't deserve criticism because their name is not Messi?

And today you chose to laugh at Caroll because he dived, but when Perch did the same to Reina, you highlighted the spaniard's "violent" behaviour. I'd say that your double standard is pretty obvious..

Hatem Ben Arfa

Puyol was shouting at Pique from the first moment he arrived in Barcelona..and what about Xavi and Iniesta correcting Thiago during a game..or even Pedro shouting at Tello in Barcelona-Bayer? Or those don't deserve criticism because their name is not Messi?

And today you chose to laugh at Caroll because he dived, but when Perch did the same to Reina, you highlighted the spaniard's "violent" behaviour. I'd say that your double standard is pretty obvious..

untitled-7vszl3.gif

Reina_2742965.jpg

ApZxRSsCIAAyJHi.jpg

There was clearly contact made by Reina's headbutt even thought it was not full on. There was clearly NO contact with Andy Carroll and the goalkeeper. So what do you want me to say on that Maria?

It was a Red Card, even if Perch chose to stay on his feet after getting headbutted. If he stayed on his feet, perhaps the referee would have carried out an injustice by not sending Reina off.

Messi is my favourite player, I am fanatical about him. I'm not picking on him so calm down.

I don't remember Puyol shouting at Pique from the moment he arrived at barca. I don't remember Xavi or Iniesta shouting at Thiago in the same manner Messi did to Tello either with full on shouting red faced waving his arm. I remember them having a word with him, and that is the way to do it. Not in a manner that can impact on a youngsters confidence just starting out in the Barca 1st team.

as for Pedro shouting at Tello, I don't remember it. If he did so, it was wrong. I imagine it has something to do with him being frustrated at his injuries and form this season.

Kerrybai

untitled-7vszl3.gif

Reina_2742965.jpg

ApZxRSsCIAAyJHi.jpg

There was clearly contact made by Reina's headbutt even thought it was not full on. There was clearly NO contact with Andy Carroll and the goalkeeper. So what do you want me to say on that Maria?

It was a Red Card, even if Perch chose to stay on his feet after getting headbutted. If he stayed on his feet, perhaps the referee would have carried out an injustice by not sending Reina off.

Messi is my favourite player, I am fanatical about him. I'm not picking on him so calm down.

I don't remember Puyol shouting at Pique from the moment he arrived at barca. I don't remember Xavi or Iniesta shouting at Thiago in the same manner Messi did to Tello either with full on shouting red faced waving his arm. I remember them having a word with him, and that is the way to do it. Not in a manner that can impact on a youngsters confidence just starting out in the Barca 1st team.

as for Pedro shouting at Tello, I don't remember it. If he did so, it was wrong. I imagine it has something to do with him being frustrated at his injuries and form this season.

'Shouting is wrong.' This is football, not the knitting world championships. Tello doesn't need you to back him up, he can handle himself. Passion and the desire to win has many faces.

This must have really gotten under your skin:

Hatem Ben Arfa

'Shouting is wrong.' This is football, not the knitting world championships. Tello doesn't need you to back him up, he can handle himself. Passion and the desire to win has many faces.

This must have really gotten under your skin:

Shouting at youngsters 17-19 making their first steps in the first team is what I'm talking about. It is fine to do so with your estabilished teammates. Not youngsters with fledging confidence that require encouragement and guidance.

UberNjufer

Shouting at youngsters 17-19 making their first steps in the first team is what I'm talking about. It is fine to do so with your estabilished teammates. Not youngsters with fledging confidence that require encouragement and guidance.
are you trying to fill dalitis shoes,you are doing well btw.And i'm curious do you have a degree in psychology

Hatem Ben Arfa

Best way to deal with it is not to respond to someone who craves for attention with his bizarre opinions and inferences

what is so bizzare about thinking what Messi did was wrong? he could have gone about it in a better way than snapping at Tello who is a young lad just starting out in the first team with fledging confidence and needing encouragement and guidance. Usually when very young players just starting out are snapped at like that, it can have a bad effect on their confidence.

Do you think all our 1st teamers should react to the youngsters coming into the first like that when they make a mistake or make the wrong choice???

We all know about Bojan's confidence and he'd been around the 1st team for ages. Do you remember any of his teammates snapping at him like that? and if they did, do you think it would have helped his confidence?

Hatem Ben Arfa

are you trying to fill dalitis shoes,you are doing well btw.And i'm curious do you have a degree in psychology

no I'm not trying to fill anyones shoes. just giving my honest opinion on how snapping at youngsters just breaking into the first team is not good for their confidence.

No, my degree was not in Psychology.

Maria

Oh, please..what is that chose? He dived even if what Reina did was wrong and if it would have been Suarz instead of him you wouldn't feel the same way(not to mention that Perch tripped Reina before). But you chose to believe that he's inocent because he's a Newcastle player.

You don't remember because you didn't care at the time and you didn't criticized them..you also don't remember all those moments in which Leo apologized for a moment of selfishness or a bad pass..like I said, I don't care what your opinion of Messi is, but I don't think that you treat our players in the same manner and most of your posts in Messi's thread are for:

- telling us that he is not as good as Pele;
- saying that he is finished;
- highlighting his bad relationship with the player 'X'.

I think I had more positive posts about Cristiano then you had about Messi.

We all know about Bojan's confidence and he'd been around the 1st team for ages. Do you remember any of his teammates snapping at him like that? and if they did, do you think it would have helped his confidence?

What confidence? I'm sorry, but we are not Arsenal..plus Tello has a better relationship with Messi then some of the first team players and if he is not bothered by Messi's reaction, I don't understand why do you care.

Last edited:

UberNjufer

no I'm not trying to fill anyones shoes. just giving my honest opinion on how snapping at youngsters just breaking into the first team is not good for their confidence.

No, my degree was not in Psychology.
then how would you know what is good and what is bad.It has been like then before and same is now,why is it suddenly wrong when messi lectures someone

Maria

then how would you know what is good and what is bad.It has been like then before and same is now,why is it suddenly wrong when messi lectures someone

Pique was talking about how terorized he was by the senior players at Manchester United and how much he learned from them..but hey, HBA knows more about this kind of stuff then a proffesional player.

UberNjufer

Pique was talking about how terorized he was by the senior players at Manchester United and how much he learned from them..but hey, HBA knows more about this kind of stuff then a proffesional player.
yea,that's the result of playing to much football manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans