10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi_78

think that kind of dissappointment will spur him on to improve. After the disappointing WC he come back stronger and carried us right down to Wembly

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
What is he a machine 68 goals and still we are doubting him he can't win every game for us he will have off days too but as he ran up to take the penalty i felt he would miss he is lacking in confidence now.

Z

ZiZu

Hmmm wouldnt blame it on being tired. He missed 2 great 1v1 chances + that PK.

Lets just say that he simply choked and had one of the worst performances of his career.

I think that there's more to it than than tbh . Although even if there's an underlying reason for Messi's sudden decline it won't change anything sadly . We've still handed La Liga over to Jose and given Madrid an easy rude in the final if they get their . Chelsea will be without their 3 CB's and Ramirez and Meirelles plus others ??

Z

ZiZu

There are suggestions that Messi played whilst injured according to some Madrid players Tweets , presumably a groin strain when he slipped and did the splits just before halftime against Madrid , seconds before he gave the ball away for their first goal . Messi also missed training since the Madrid match the to him feeling unwell , maybe they were simply treating a muscle / groin strain ??

C

crackh0e

I want Messi to rest and prepare for the Copa and next season. At least he won't have ANY competitions this summer, and that's very good for next season. He misses far too many penalties though, I think we might have to find someone else to take them.

M

mitkoa7x

I want Messi to rest and prepare for the Copa and next season. At least he won't have ANY competitions this summer, and that's very good for next season. He misses far too many penalties though, I think we might have to find someone else to take them.

I want him to step up and beat Muller's rec also get the Pichichi.

C

crackh0e

I want him to step up and beat Muller's rec also get the Pichichi.

Then he needs to get out of this form. Let's see if he rests next game or not. He should be rested right before the Copa final at least...

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
There are suggestions that Messi played whilst injured according to some Madrid players Tweets , presumably a groin strain when he slipped and did the splits just before halftime against Madrid , seconds before he gave the ball away for their first goal . Messi also missed training since the Madrid match the to him feeling unwell , maybe they were simply treating a muscle / groin strain ??

who posted what? share it please.

K

kroki223

Really? Messi had 13 penalties this year! He scored 10 from 13. It's good! In London they let more chances! Messi need some rest.

I think it isn't normal that Barca received 5 goals on 3 matches. Messi can take penalties really well.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I've noticed recently that Messi hasn't gone for his usual cute sliding passes into the net (or into the keepers hands). I think he has been conscious of the fact that he will potentially miss alot more penalties that way and instead wants to be more decisive with higher and more powerful shots.

I know it's hard in a moment formed of only a few seconds, but last night Cech had all his weight on the right leg and was always going to dive left - I wish Messi did one of his casual penalties to Cech's right :(.

T

tariqo

its not a bad idea to take a long rest & try to improve your free kicks & penalties

can't blame him CUZ he was the main reason why barcelona reached the semi final this year

K

kroki223

its not a bad idea to take a long rest & try to improve your free kicks & penalties

can't blame him CUZ he was the main reason why barcelona reached the semi final this year

please, stop to tell anything about his penalties! He had 13 penalties, and scored 10. It's good. I think Barca lost the final n London!

T

tariqo

please, stop to tell anything about his penalties! He had 13 penalties, and scored 10. It's good. I think Barca lost the final n London!

i know he scored 10 but if u just look at those penalties u will find it could be saved easily

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
We need to stop playing to Messi's strengths all the time. We now see if he's off form or not in the mood we don't play as well as we normally do. There's a big problem when theres a 40 goal gap between Messi and the next person in our team. We need to become more unpredictable, get a player like Neymar who would drag players away from Messi whilst also having the skill to beat those players and score as well. Setting your team around one player is stupid, you need someone else similar next to him to avoid the opposition just focusing on him.

T

tariqo

We need to stop playing to Messi's strengths all the time. We now see if he's off form or not in the mood we don't play as well as we normally do. There's a big problem when theres a 40 goal gap between Messi and the next person in our team. We need to become more unpredictable, get a player like Neymar who would drag players away from Messi whilst also having the skill to beat those players and score as well. Setting your team around one player is stupid, you need someone else similar next to him to avoid the opposition just focusing on him.

just like real madrid ,they still can win the league w/o ronaldo becuase of players like higuain & benzema up front ,, real strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans