2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_43-Optimized.v1335353335.jpg

2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_52-Optimized.v1335353346.jpg

2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_54-Optimized.v1335353348.jpg

1335301383086.jpg

1335301502620.jpg

It's clear on his face how much that hurt him... :(

BarcaGirl

:cry: I felt so bad for him. Missing a penalty like that is soul-destroying and seeing how much it affected him is only making it worse. I don't care what people say, for me Messi is and always will be the best player in the world. One mistake does not eclipse a lifetime of brilliance. He will bounce back stronger than before. I'm sure of that.

abual3bed1

:cry: I felt so bad for him. Missing a penalty like that is soul-destroying and seeing how much it affected him is only making it worse. I don't care what people say, for me Messi is and always will be the best player in the world. One mistake does not eclipse a lifetime of brilliance. He will bounce back stronger than before. I'm sure of that.

the great thing about Messi that he responds in a huge way after every mistake he does.

Caramel

Exactly, I hate Madrid as much as the next guy, but I would swap Pedro and Villa for Benzema and Higuain anyday.

LOLOLOLOL, nobody in his right mind would swap Villa for anyone.More importantly, never go digging a player from real madrid's ranks.Ew. ( I fucking love Higuain btw)

+ Neymar...Come on, man.There are better strikers out there( who don't play in the brazilian league --', meaning , they don't play for a shit league :) ) .

All the people , calling for Messi's head must have a very very short memory.Barca wouldn't even be in the semi final if it weren't for him. In fact Barca wouldn't be anywhere.
Now let's pray for Villa's return, I have lost all hope on Pedro.

zanela

I'm gonna 've to disagree with everyone wanting to credit our season (or having reached this far) to one player alone. It's disrespectful to Messi's teammates, who've optimized and aided his performances and goals thus far. I concede they've underperformed in the business stretch of the season, and blamin' on Messi alone for a loss like last night is not right. But if you want to blame the team as a whole for the failure, you also credit them as a whole for any success.

For a game of this magnitude and occasion, that was his worst game i've seen him play (and i've seen him enough in the Argie shirt). It could be fatigue, luck, or choking (lets face it, even the greatest of them 've allowed pressure get the better of them at some point or another). But whats imp for him is to rise from this disappoinment both from a team and individual perspective. And i'm positive he'll take this in his stride and be back with greater resolve and character.

As for his 10 successful pens..can someone give me a breakdown? In the very big games, i'd designate xavi as our pen taker. I'm not confident with Villa's spot kicks either.

X

xaviniesta

As for his 10 successful pens..can someone give me a breakdown? In the very big games, i'd designate xavi as our pen taker. I'm not confident with Villa's spot kicks either.

you are often way too dramatic with your statements. yesterday you told that messi should come as a sub for chelsea game. i don't know if you are really serious or don't understand that theres a little difference in real life and in fifa manager.

tho i remember one xavi penalty and it was like that:
3:35

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

I'm not confident with Villa's spot kicks either.

Eh? Villa has an amazing penalty record. Missed only 1 in his last 2x attempts or something like that. He's also our best freekick taker IMO. His shooting technique in general is amazing. I'm baffled how we're always allowing Alves to line up for long range freekicks. It infuriates me.

If I'm not mistaken Fabregas was also known as a good freekick taker at Arsenal. :cesc:

C

crackh0e

I have faith that Messi will want this to never happen again. He can't be in incredible form all season, then dip into some horrible (for his standards) form for the MOST important matches of the season. Messi will probably want to become even better next year, and it also puts some hunger into all of the players, losing La Liga and the CL in 2 matches. It also pinpoints some things that Guardioal, if he stays, has to look at. The defence needs to be strenghtened, while at the same time we need strikers that score 30 goals a year, to put pressure off Messi in that way. If I know Messi, he will want to become even better, especially now.

zanela

you are often way too radical with your statements. yesterday you told that messi should come as a sub for chelsea game. i don't know if you are really serious or don't understand that theres a little difference in real life and in fifa manager.

For one, i don't play football manager. Two, i'd clearly reasoned on the former. It's not like i claimed to be right or meant it was a superior tactical option. There are times i've been in agreement with the gen. consensus, and times when i haven't i've put my arguments forward. But yes, i won't blindly follow anyone's lead, even if it happens to be the most popular on here. u dig?

zanela

Eh? Villa has an amazing penalty record. Missed only 1 in his last 2x attempts or something like that. He's also our best freekick taker IMO. His shooting technique in general is amazing. I'm baffled how we're always allowing Alves to line up for long range freekicks. It infuriates me.

Are you accounting his hondorus miss? He is good at pens, but he does have his fair share of misses. Xavi with his expertise and experience tends to keep calmer under pressure at all times, and for me is the better bet of the 3 for the bigger games.

BarcaGirl

Jack Wilshere: "Ronaldo is good but I am #TeamMessi all day everyday!He was not at his best last night okay but everyone is allowed 1 bad game in 300 right?"

PequenaPibe

2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_47.v1335349083.JPG

2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_42-Optimized.v1335353333.jpg

2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_43-Optimized.v1335353335.jpg

2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_52-Optimized.v1335353346.jpg

2012-04-24_BARCELONA-CHELSEA_54-Optimized.v1335353348.jpg

1335301383086.jpg

1335301502620.jpg

Exactly, I'm so angry with the spanish newspapers for saying he's a traitor and it was his fault we lost, it's not fair penalties are just luck, you win some you lose some that's the way of it even the greatest footballers, Maradona for example have failed penalties. Lio fought so hard yesterday and has always scored countless goals for us, he always gives it his hundred percent and to top it all he had a stomach bug yesterday so in my eyes he's a hero, now and forever and i will defend any bad comments people make about him. He's so passionate, skillful and a beautiful guy through and through. It hurt to see him so upset last night, he cares so much about the game and that's worth everything, so give him a break guys it just wasn't his night last night but I've never seen anyone fight harder so Visca Barca and Visca mi Pive Messi, you are the best in the world darlin and that will never change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans