10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

Credentials for this year's Ballon D'Or:

Cristiano Ronaldo: La Liga winner, possible pichichi winner, possible performance at Euro's with Portugal, Fastest player to reach 100 goals in La Liga, broke record for most goals for Real Madrid in single season.

Lionel Messi: Club World Cup winner, Euro Super Cup winner, Spanish Super Cup winner, Most goals and assists in Europe, Possible Copa Del Rey winner, First player in over 40 years with 60+ goals in a season, First player in CL history to score 5 goals in a game, matched European Cup record with 14 goals in single season...

Hopefully Messi wins his 4th in a row!!!

La LL

Generally Delightful
Where do you get possible Pichichi winner from? Messi is at 41, CR at 42. It's a bit early to call CR the winner...

aki13

He´s tired, physically and mentally. He can´t carry the team all season long, noone can. Next season other players will have to step up in terms of scoring goals. Alexis, Villa, Pedro, Cesc, Tello and Cuenca have to work on their finishing, it can´t be that Messi is the only reliable goalscorer when we´re competing in at least 3 competitions.

I also think that Pep has to think about resting him every once in a while, even if Leo doesn´t want to. It´s a miracle that he hasn´t had any serious injuries the last few seasons, he´s been seriously overplayed, it´s just that his unbelievable talent makes him play like a god against weaker teams even when he´s tired. We need him to be 100% fit and focused at the end of the season and against strong opponents, the others should be able to beat the lower Liga teams without him.

Agree, when a team is playing in so many important games, as Barcelona do. It needs the worlds best team to play like the best team, not leave it all to one man, who after all had 3 or 4 around him at all time. With those watching him, others need to use the space to score and open up the game, then as Chelsea would have had to push forward he would have finished it off.

It's quite sad he had to be quiet(statistically) in the most defining matches of our season... Missed a penalty and gifted a goal as well... I think it's safe to say he threw away the Balon d'Or with his own hands :cry:

Unless of course Bayern KO Madrid tomorrow, which has a very slim to zero chance of happening :(

The slim chance came true though.

Anyone who's blaming Messi for the loss just needs to get lost. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. He basically carried us through the whole season, when everybody else was injured.

Most of the season we have fallen behind in games, like against Levante and Messi has to pick himself up and say "Right time for me to win this then." He is awesome

im dissapointed of almost every player except messi, it seems that no one is capable of coming forward and help this team as much as he does

this guy is 24 and carries this club on his shoulders

people dont realize how much pressure this guy has to have

i know most ppl say he had to shoot the penalty you dont change pk taker blabla

the point is, i expect someone like xavi to step forward and say: dude, let me take the pk dont worry i got this

but it seems nobody has the balls to step up

just sad

Its true, he is only young as well and yet he is the one who the others rely on.

Jack Wilshere: "Ronaldo is good but I am #TeamMessi all day everyday!He was not at his best last night okay but everyone is allowed 1 bad game in 300 right?"

Absolutely.

La LL

Generally Delightful
That's why I said possible!

But you're right, it's possible for either of them, and we will be rooting for the little magician!!!

:beer2:

I just found it discriminating that you didn't write the same for Messi.

Anyway, hell yes. These next games, while not being important for the team, will be fun to watch as they'll hopefully bring Messi closer to his next record.

I still stand by the 70 goals. A hat trick in one game feels like a sure thing.

Pepe Silvia

I just found it discriminating that you didn't write the same for Messi.

Anyway, hell yes. These next games, while not being important for the team, will be fun to watch as they'll hopefully bring Messi closer to his next record.

I still stand by the 70 goals. A hat trick in one game feels like a sure thing.
Totally forgot to jot it down for Messi in my haze of happiness! :p

Cheers again, mate...

J

jiopi

Cronaldo lost his chance to Ballon d'Or there. Unless he makes a miracle in Euros, which he wont.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I've got some news that Barca fans have reduced by around 2 million in the space of this week(maybe the article was wrong) and this will also mean a reduction in Messi fans as he didn't do well in the last few games and think all those 2 million will start supporting either Bayern or chelsea its a good sign we'll start with the real Barca fans next year.

I've got some news that Barca fans have reduced by around 2 million in the space of this week(maybe the article was wrong) and this will also mean a reduction in Messi fans as he didn't do well in the last few games and think all those 2 million will start supporting either Bayern or chelsea its a good sign we'll start with the real Barca fans next year.

S!CK! :puyol:

ricknattery

how can they even measure that kind of stuff?
seems like some bitter anticule started that rumor

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Exactly, I'm so angry with the spanish newspapers for saying he's a traitor and it was his fault we lost, it's not fair penalties are just luck, you win some you lose some that's the way of it even the greatest footballers, Maradona for example have failed penalties. Lio fought so hard yesterday and has always scored countless goals for us, he always gives it his hundred percent and to top it all he had a stomach bug yesterday so in my eyes he's a hero, now and forever and i will defend any bad comments people make about him. He's so passionate, skillful and a beautiful guy through and through. It hurt to see him so upset last night, he cares so much about the game and that's worth everything, so give him a break guys it just wasn't his night last night but I've never seen anyone fight harder so Visca Barca and Visca mi Pive Messi, you are the best in the world darlin and that will never change!
Exactly but there are a few players who have missed less than 5 penalties in their whole carrier but then that was the only thing they could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans