10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaR

Messi 65 goals and has also hit the woodwork 16 times.

To think if even half of those had gone in he'd be on 73.

Surely has to be another record in a season hitting post 16 times.

MagIX

The player with most goal and assist at the end of the season, it would be fantastic (i hope he breaks the barrier of 70 goals)
And Leo set a new FANTASTIC record: first ever player to scrore and assist in 6 different competitions in a single season!

Golden ball ? logically yes.... but i'am not so sure it will happen.

ammarfcb

ze special one
ball boy ey?
wenger1_1842842c.jpg

Kerrybai

The player with most goal and assist at the end of the season, it would be fantastic (i hope he breaks the barrier of 70 goals)
And Leo set a new FANTASTIC record: first ever player to scrore and assist in 6 different competitions in a single season!

Golden ball ? logically yes.... but i'am not so sure it will happen.

It would be great if his assists plus goals reaches over 100.

Interista

He has 65 goals and 28 assists, which amounts to 93 points. So seven goals and/or assists to go, with four matches left.

That is quite frankly ridiculous! That's the kind of stats I fantisize about getting when I sit and pretend I'm a football player. :lol: Quite sick.

AURELIUS

I don't think anyone is foolish enough to compare Messi to players from that era. In fact I think it's foolish to even compare him to Pele and Muller as football has changed hugely from their eras. We are just hoping he breaks these records as some uneducated football fans see statistics as the only measure of skill. Maradona was an average goalscorer for both club and country yet is seen as one of the best but people on the media tend to only judge Messi by his stats.

Seen as one of the best ? He is the best. The number of assist's he made and chances he created were innumerable, not to mention lifting the players around him to another level.

All players from different era's can be compared in that they all have that extra special technique, extra spatial vision and footballing intelligence that set's them above their contemporaries.

The same with football sides. All the great sides from River Plate's la maquina onwards hve moved the ball with speed around the pitch, won it back quickly and has great flexibility in the positions their players could slot into.

mixer

Messi has so far scored 72 goals this season: 67 for Barcelona (65 + 2 in friendly games), and 5 for Argentina.

what a legend :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans