10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reasonus

But Ibra wasn't the main guy for Barca when he played. Barca, because it was a better team and had numerous weapons, did not have to depend on Ibra. Watching Ibra this last season, he was Milan's MVP. His ball control and reading of the game is better than Ronaldo's. Other players on Madrid like Higuain and Benzema can score goals. Victory is not wholly dependent on Ronaldo.

I'm not saying Ibra is better, but I don't see why he isn't compared in the same breath with Ronaldo.

Higuain and Benzema are good players and they can certainly score, but we are often forgetting that players like Ronaldo can elevate the team by just being there on the pitch. Most teams mark Ronaldo with two players, leaving space for the others to exploit. When Ronaldo makes a run, on and off the ball, it causes panic mainly due to his unrivaled pace. Ibra is fast, but he can't utilize his speed like Ronaldo does.

You're right that Ibra was not Barcelona's main guy, but statistics aside, theoretically, he should have done better than Ronaldo since the opponents were mostly concerned with Messi and frankly, I didn't see anything from Ibra in an entire season to give the impression that he is in anyway better than Ronaldo.

I strongly disagree with your opinion that Ibra has better ball control than Ronaldo. As far as reading the game goes, I think they are close. They both are mainly opportunistics but Ibra is a better poacher than Ronaldo and I don't find either of them to be tactically astute like, say, Busquets.

I think any coach or team in the world would definitely choose Ronaldo over Ibra if given a choice.

Both have piss poor mentality and inflate their goal count with penalties. They are pretty similar in those categories.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Basically saying he's old school, doesn't need anything but a ball to play and can play anywhere, anytime and under any circumstances...that and that CR is a bit of a Hollywood sideshow

MagIX

he is talking about this (i have to quote Ibra):
"Leo Messi is all talent, while Cristiano Ronaldo is the product of much training"

zanela

I strongly disagree with your opinion that Ibra has better ball control than Ronaldo. As far as reading the game goes, I think they are close. They both are mainly opportunistics but Ibra is a better poacher than Ronaldo and I don't find either of them to be tactically astute like, say, Busquets.

Looks like your assessment of the player is based on his lone Barca season, not his career so far.

Ronaldo's athleticism(pace, energy), predatory instincts, off-ball anticipation, finishing (also as an aerial threat), the desire to perform at every level and circumstances even if for mere personal glory is what makes him such an unstoppable force. On the ball, however, Zlatan is superior. His vision, technique, reading of the game, passing is a notch above. And it's precisely y he was able to play as our midfielder in the CWC. And it's also y he can do this when he wants to. It's his indifference, and inconsistency on the big occasion that has failed him. In pure footballing terms, Ibra > Ronaldo.

Zlatan is a playmaking forward. Ronaldo is a winger-poacher.

Last edited:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
What the fuck is he talking about?

I think he means that street players are used to a lot of pushing and shoving and kicking, which is why he is so good at staying on his feet. Ronaldo goes down every time he is touched or kicked slightly. That's what I believe he means anyway, could be wrong...

Pepe Silvia

Attention Messi fans: Did you vote for Messi for the ESPYs Award for Best International Athlete yet??? If not, there is still time, go here and vote now! His competitors are Djokovic, CR and someone else I can't remember... Go! Vote!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans