10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Here's the pass Messi wanted from Villa:

villa_messi.jpg

Instead, Villa chose to try to lift and loop it over the defenders. Had Villa executed it better, it was actually the smarter option. Passing it on the ground the way Messi wanted it, it would have had to have been inch perfect and perfectly weighted not to be intercepted by the 4 defenders marking that lane- not to mention Messi having to beat the 4 players surrounding him had he successfully received the ball.

Hopefully, he'll have a look at this and laugh at himself. Bottom line, he has to trust in his experienced teammates, the same way they trust in him (despite his many unsuccessful runs resulting in being stripped of the ball).
Messi was waving Villa to pass the ball faster when there was a great space to score, not after he made couple pointless moves. Messi was correct in giving that feedback.

It was the same pass Messi wanted to Villa make, and that Alba made against Osasuna, what was a crucial goal. If Alba can make it, I'm sure Villa should also be able to do it. Messi was waiting to accelerate to the ball, even if it would have been not so precise pass.

J

jiopi

3/7 shots on goal denied by Tono, 5 dribbles, 5 (unsuccesful) throughballs, worst passing accuracy 75 % after Valdes. Could be better, but still, one assist to the goal that finally secured win (he did not trust his team mates anymore, so he assisted Gomez...) Worst game this season, still top5 player (Tono,Xavi...)

Against Osasuna, Getafe, Valencia, for example, Messi had 80-90 percent pass accuracy.
It's not about passing accuracy, it's what you do with your passing. I take a one 1on1 pass and 10 failed ones, against 9 back/ side way passes and one failed one any day of the week.

MMKa

It's not about passing accuracy, it's what you do with your passing. I take a one 1on1 pass and 10 failed ones, against 9 back/ side way passes and one failed one any day of the week.

i took the stats from whoscored.com. 1/1, 1/2, 5/5 failed crosses, longballs and throughballs. These made pass percent look bad, otherwise rather good passing. In the other matches those passes succeeded, so overall rate was better.

Ursegor

World Champion
Not cool from Messi to do that to Mr. nice guy Villa, i don't want to step on anyones toes as it is a Barcelona forum, but it was always obvious to me Messi wasn't genuine & as Raed put it "Messi is similar to Ronaldo, just better at hiding it" which i go along with (certainly ego wise) aslong as it doesn't affect his performances/team morale it's fine though. but yeah seeing it i felt really bad for Villa, who has been out for ten months & is starting his first game + is also playing second fiddle to Messi in the first place.

It's not the first time he gave Villa a bollocking as well. He did the same in 10 / 11 against Valencia. I didn't like that either because on top of that he did it in Villa's former "home". It's kinda weird. People say "it's harmless banter on the pitch and normal". Maybe so. And I don't think there is anything behind it off the pitch since they were bromancing hard just a week ago. But still, if it's so normal why have I never seen Messi have a go at Xavi, Iniesta, Alves or even Fabregas (who fucks up far more than Villa ever could), EVER? There seems to be a tier of players he respects more than others on the pitch and I'm quite baffled that Villa ranks so low in that list.

As for the Ronaldo comparison. Ronaldo never struck me as a "ruthless" character. He's more like a gay ballerina diva who throws a tantrum here and there. Harmless at the end. Like that one attention whore in school that just wanted a bit of love.

Kixer

Messi after the match: Villa is my best friend and this happens also in the training but the cameras and people don't see it!! It's something normal!

Believe or not, thats the question. I dont believe that they are best friends, but haters nether. Maybe antonella gave a birth yesterday and thats why messi was so upset and nervous hahah.

ShandyFFM

i would like to see a 4-3-3 with busi-xavi-messi ... meaning messi as an zom behin three strikers.....

valdes

alves masch busi alba

xavi messi iniesta

pedro villa tello/sanchez

K

kroki223

Why people make so much fuss, from this situation? Messi was upset, because it was 43 minutes and the result was 0:0. He tried to do so much, but he didn't have luck. Villa should have given the ball to Messi! Messi just wanted to win. I don't think it is because of his private life. I think if Messi wants to be a good captain, sometimes he has to do it.

Armando929

It wasnt just the Villa situation, though. Messi had a go at Thiago and Alexis as well.

These things happen in football.But Messi himself hasnt been playing that well. Misplacing passes and losing the ball in midfield. If he's gonna demand more from his teammates, then he needs to sharpen up too.

K

kroki223

It wasnt just the Villa situation, though. Messi had a go at Thiago and Alexis as well.

These things happen in football.But Messi himself hasnt been playing that well. Misplacing passes and losing the ball in midfield. If he's gonna demand more from his teammates, then he needs to sharpen up too.

I don't think Messi was so bad! If Messi plays well, people don't write hier, but the ycome to critise him!

Armando929

Not true. I praise Messi plenty. But he was poor yesterday. In fact, he has been struggling alot so far this season in spite of the 6 goals he has scored in La Liga so far. His passing has been off the mark and he's been losing possession alot.

I know he'll get better. But as of late he has not been sharp.

ShandyFFM

The quality of his play is definetly not up to his standards, not even close. He is struggling lately, I also think he should shoot more, lately I don't see much shoots from him specialy outside the box.

exactly what im thinking too... you must have read my mind...lol he has the best curved shot i know be he rarely use it from outside the box...

ShandyFFM

di-YW0H.gif

did someone noticed that the ref didnt gave any yellow card to none of those two player which were holding messi and ripping on his shirt ...oO he just forgot about them

Galning

di-YW0H.gif

did someone noticed that the ref didnt gave any yellow card to none of those two player which were holding messi and ripping on his shirt ...oO he just forgot about them

It didn't only happen this game but in other games as well. Just because it's against Messi it seems like the referee let's it slip a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans