10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahj

I find it strange that so many people in here complain about messi's behavior yesterday. so he had an argument with villa, big fucking deal. What we have seen there from messi was just him being ambitious and this is something you just have to have when you are a professional athlete. tbh, I really like how messi played against granada because he was commited and involved in the game. sure, he should have converted his chances, but tbh I think that his performance yesterday was way better than against spartak, where he was more passive.

Ursegor

World Champion
Dint like what happened with David.

Yep. Sure, in the heat of the moment you might get emotional on the pitch. No big deal. But damn, he should have used his brain for once. Villa coming back as a starter after 10 months and you have a go at him because of 1 pass?! Totally uncalled-for.

K

kroki223

What is this shit opinion? He gave a lot of fantastic balls. I think Messi didn't have too much chance to score! He played well!

K

kroki223

Messi gave a lot of very good balls to others. He had chance to score. Villa should have given the ball him. At the end of the first time he was angry, because it was 0:0. He worked really well, and hard.

BerkeleyBernie

Here's the pass Messi wanted from Villa:

villa_messi.jpg

Instead, Villa chose to try to lift and loop it over the defenders. Had Villa executed it better, it was actually the smarter option. Passing it on the ground the way Messi wanted it, it would have had to have been inch perfect and perfectly weighted not to be intercepted by the 4 defenders marking that lane- not to mention Messi having to beat the 4 players surrounding him had he successfully received the ball.

Hopefully, he'll have a look at this and laugh at himself. Bottom line, he has to trust in his experienced teammates, the same way they trust in him (despite his many unsuccessful runs resulting in being stripped of the ball).

K

kroki223

Messi, as long as you are being recorded, your actions can be seen by everyone and interpreted the way the media wants it to be. You can save your complains after the game is over. Don't act like Ronaldo or Mourinho, because this is the kind of behaviour I really hate about them and is the reason why I'm always happy when they lose.

You can do better, Messi.

I don't think that Messi is interested in record. He wants to win the football match.

Leo10

villa_messi.jpg

Instead, Villa chose to try to lift and loop it over the defenders. Had Villa executed it better, it was actually the smarter option. Passing it on the ground the way Messi wanted it, it would have had to have been inch perfect and perfectly weighted not to be intercepted by the 4 defenders marking that lane- not to mention Messi having to beat the 4 players surrounding him had he successfully received the ball.

Hopefully, he'll have a look at this and laugh at himself. Bottom line, he has to trust in his experienced teammates, the same way they trust in him (despite his many unsuccessful runs resulting in being stripped of the ball).

I've been reading this forum for almost a year now and finally decided to register. My name is Leo so it's a double meaning username.

Back to topic, if Villa had passed him that ball he could of one-touched it into the net like he did a couple of times this season. Loop it over the defenders? Not the best choice IMO. It's harder for Leo to head it accurate and strong enough from this position.
Can't say I liked their argument but it's not a big deal as long as it stays professional. They should sort it out in the dressing room and come fresh the next match.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One

villa_messi.jpg

Indeed, same thing I was thinking when I saw the replay. Very difficult pass to execute, let alone it having any result in the end. Leo is clearly frustrated, and not just because of this game. It's a culmination of the past couple of matches, which despite the fact that goals have followed him, he's struggled to play his usual game. Difficulty beating his man, losing possession in midfield, misplaced passes etc. He still produces so much, which is why is one of a kind, but he clearly is not enjoying himself out there. It's quite normal, and it's a shame Villa was at the end of his frustration. I know Leo means no harm with it, so hopefully it all stays in the pitch.

MMKa

3/7 shots on goal denied by Tono, 5 dribbles, 5 (unsuccesful) throughballs, worst passing accuracy 75 % after Valdes. Could be better, but still, one assist to the goal that finally secured win (he did not trust his team mates anymore, so he assisted Gomez...) Worst game this season, still top5 player (Tono,Xavi...)

Against Osasuna, Getafe, Valencia, for example, Messi had 80-90 percent pass accuracy.

Last edited:

FiReFTW

The quality of his play is definetly not up to his standards, not even close. He is struggling lately, I also think he should shoot more, lately I don't see much shoots from him specialy outside the box.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Not cool from Messi to do that to Mr. nice guy Villa, i don't want to step on anyones toes as it is a Barcelona forum, but it was always obvious to me Messi wasn't genuine & as Raed put it "Messi is similar to Ronaldo, just better at hiding it" which i go along with (certainly ego wise) aslong as it doesn't affect his performances/team morale it's fine though. but yeah seeing it i felt really bad for Villa, who has been out for ten months & is starting his first game + is also playing second fiddle to Messi in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans