10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcelo

Wow you guys are extremely sensitive!!!!! Big frigging deal so he went off of the guy who cares.... Frustration got him yesterday.... Defense was setting up very well

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It didn't only happen this game but in other games as well. Just because it's against Messi it seems like the referee let's it slip a lot easier.

It's the modern day equivalent of handicapping, Leo doesn't get traditional fouls called for him - there is no Jordan preferential officiating with Messi

Pepe Silvia

I disagree. Messi gets plenty of fouls called in his favor. There's been exceptions (like yesterday) but overall he gets a lot of fouls called when they are there.

J

jiopi

di-EEIX.gif

di-0S21.gif

Spot the difference.

khorne

just my two cents on this, i think this is only a big deal if you have a bit of a warped view of messi being holier than the pope. I'd say characterwise, he is your average joe schmoe. he gets mad, he can be an arrogant prick at times he thinks he'd have done better (which in his case is most of the time true i guess). yeah, we can say, he shouldn't do that and all, but that's nearly impossible when you're not exceptionally calm and laid back and very few world class players are. iniesta obviously is like that, and at the top of my head i'd say ronaldinho and raul were like that as well. always smiling like, you know that's just a silly game of kicking a ball. and while that is something i really admire in a player, it's probably also a reason why iniesta would not be a very effective captain, while messi shows some promise in that regard. i'm cool with it. let the shortass lose his cool once in a while, he's entitled ;)

oggmar

I honestly think Villa and Messi both are great friends and this is all exaggerated(I know so)

besides, in my opinion I find it "easier" to get really frustrated and to show it to the more closer friends if you understand what I mean.

footyfan

Calma, calma
just my two cents on this, i think this is only a big deal if you have a bit of a warped view of messi being holier than the pope. I'd say characterwise, he is your average joe schmoe. he gets mad, he can be an arrogant prick at times he thinks he'd have done better (which in his case is most of the time true i guess). yeah, we can say, he shouldn't do that and all, but that's nearly impossible when you're not exceptionally calm and laid back and very few world class players are. iniesta obviously is like that, and at the top of my head i'd say ronaldinho and raul were like that as well. always smiling like, you know that's just a silly game of kicking a ball. and while that is something i really admire in a player, it's probably also a reason why iniesta would not be a very effective captain, while messi shows some promise in that regard. i'm cool with it. let the shortass lose his cool once in a while, he's entitled ;)

Well put. Although if those players have the same pressure that being Lionel Messi brings, they might react differently too. Remember Iniesta-Van Bommel incident in the World Cup final. I mean really Messi is expected to score, dribble and entertain every game which is not possible. I would say though that he is very humble, it's just that he loses his cool sometimes which I'm sure happens to everyone (including the pope ;))

J

jtmx12

So to be a captain u have to be a prick and yell at your team mates? okay..

Truth is since Villa came to barca ALL he has done is pass the ball to Messi and play where he doesn't belong. He came from an injury, it was his first game as a starter, and Messi wellcomed him with a "pass the ball" when Villa clearly said it was his first attempt and he gave him the ball anyways. Villa stats la liga = 3 shoots, 2 goals...

I remember million of times where others had a better position but Messi decided to keep dribbling ppl and lost the ball at the end. None ever said a fuck about it, but suddenly Messi can.

Messi isn't a captain, Mascherano is, and of course, Puyol is. Puyol will only yell at you when you aren't working your ass off in the match. Like Pique sometimes did or when u r bragging (like Thiago did once). Villa surely was trying his best, but the pass didn't work, what did Messi expect when there were 8 defenders ffs..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans